Temps

I called today and tomorrow for temperature. Below zero temps tend to put me closer to the stove. With a partner I can tolerate snotcycles that weld your mustache to your beard. This week alone I tend to be pickier.

When do most of you draw that line?

I’ll throw in the towel when temps hit triple digits. Haven’t found a low temp that keeps me from heading out the door to at least have a look around!

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
I am more worried with heat affecting an animal that didn't die on the spot and I had to track it.

Today when my hands went numb glassing. spotted a buck with my 15’s around 15:00 and said nope. Won’t bother tomorrow morning. Glassing was crappy yesterday when the front moved in and took an extra hour to get home.
It is nice having winter again in SW MT

Attachments

• 467D3B39-0D28-4F63-BE69-58208A62FAEB.jpeg
    467D3B39-0D28-4F63-BE69-58208A62FAEB.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I can go with temps between 10 and 110, add high winds I'm out. 15 knots I might hang, above that and I'm out no matter the temp. I absolutely hate the wind.

ODB

WKR
I can go with temps between 10 and 110, add high winds I'm out. 15 knots I might hang, above that and I'm out no matter the temp. I absolutely hate the wind.

Funny you say wind. My wife and I had to move out of Idaho for about a decade and when we came back we were like “did the wind always blow so much before?”

Dunno, maybe it’s an age thing but the wind does really annoy the hell out of me now…

jayhawk

WKR
I realized this week that -10 was my limit. It just crossed that boundary from fun to miserable. Especially when you're by yourself in the mountains.

manitou1

WKR
Yeah, single digits combined with wind keep me at the house any more. I used to go out no matter what, but I'm now of the opinion: "If I ain't enjoying it, I ain't doing it."
With that said, if I had a great limited entry tag for mule deer I would tend to be more motivated.

peterk123

WKR
9 degrees this morning. Trudging through a foot or so of snow kept me plenty warm. Even my feet were cooking in my uninsulated boots.

OP
P
Coming from western Montana, I found that below zero meant a light breeze to calm. However having spent some college years in Fargo and couple blizzards in Lewistown and Roy - cold as hell in that country means a frigid tornado. Warm clothing has a whole differant meaning.

bnsafe

WKR
I totally agree with manitou1, if I aint enjoying it I aint gonna be there. It didnt use to make a difference and here in mo its not like your gonna die from exposure. but I dont hunt for food but to get away and enjoy, so Im not fighting it anymore.

4rcgoat

WKR
Sat in the stand last weekend when the temps started out at 2 degrees, with no wind it was tolerable. Add just a little bit of a breeze and I would have climbed down,guess that is my limit for now.