Tendinitis in forearm and bicep

Outlaw99

WKR
I used to get it fairly frequent in my forearm in the past; but haven’t had to deal with it for some time. This past week, it’s really comeback not only in my forearm below my elbow but also in my bicep above my elbow. Anyone have any good advise or remedies? I haven’t done anything new or different with my weekly workouts to cause this, so I’m a bit surprised to see it come back like it has. Thanks

Mine used to come back when I was fishing professionally and using the same techniques over and over again....I wore the strap around my forearm to help but not eliminate it. Maybe there‘s some type of repetition causing yours!

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
I’ll admit your right. On top of my weekly workouts, I cut and hand split all of my own wood for a supply throughout the winter. I’m sure over doing it on the hand splitting end of things caused it. I can lay off the wood work for a while, but don’t want to lay off my workouts. For now I have both taped up to relieve some of the constant throbbing

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you sure it's tendonitis? An impinged nerve in the neck area can cause some very similar pain in certain areas. I go through that all the time with my three herniated discs in my neck. Pains pop up all over the place out of nowhere.

LaHunter

WKR
Ibuprofen, rest, and ice can help. With tendinitis it’s hard to just ‘work through it’. There may be some stretching exercises or massage that can help also

The only way I know how to make mine go away is to stop the motion that started it. Almost impossible to do it you move or lift things a lot. It used to linger in my right elbow for a long time. Just seems to flare up if I do prolonged manual labor.

Poser

WKR
Research the Bill Starr rehab protocol for elbow/bicep tendinitis. It’s going to sound non intuitive and go against most medical advice, however, you’ll find a lot of antecedent evidence that it works.

LostArra

WKR
Do your weekly workouts include bicep curls? A distal bicep tendon rupture is not uncommon and is no joke. I would lay off the curls and see how it responds

Look for a topic here about season ending Injury. I tried to link it but failed

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Trr15

WKR
Had the same problem and experimented with a lot of potential solutions. Grip strength training has provided a ton of relief. Still have some minor flare ups, but nothing like what I used to experience. Look into Captains Of Crush grip strength trainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Thanks for all the reply’s fellas. I eat pretty darn clean and have almost zero sugar intake except for what natural glucose I get from some fruits which in itself is minimal. My workouts do include bicep curls, lots of pull ups/ chin ups, KB swings...ect. I think deep down I knew I needed to lay off the arm stuff, i was just hoping someone would tell me different. I’ll switch gears towards heavier leg work and cardio for a while and try n give it some time to heal.

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
Get a lacross or golf ball and massage the area above and below the elbow. Put the ball between your arm and the wall and lean into it if needed. Also stretch the area and ice it 20 minutes twice a day.

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Get a lacross or golf ball and massage the area above and below the elbow. Put the ball between your arm and the wall and lean into it if needed. Also stretch the area and ice it 20 minutes twice a day.

Thank you, I’ll give it a go

solomtnhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've been having the same problem that past 3mo. Never had a problem in 22yrs of lifting. Atleast not until the gym got a new preacher bench and i started including them into my routine. I think the restricted full range motion and squeeze up top really stresses the arms. If i lay off the preachers and just do regular bars/dumbbells i have no pain... Hit the preachers and i start hurting again. My dumb brain can't seem to take a hint though cause i still do preachers for the great pump and try to toughen it out. Could also be you might be over training too.

Nevvon

FNG
I had an issue while overseas several years ago. I had to learn to shoot off hand while I recovered. A PT friend of mine and team medic had me wear a brace that velcroed on and place pressure in the certain spots on my elbow (not sure what to call them). It took a while to heal since I could not really let up with use. This is similar to what they had me using. https://www.amazon.com/Tomight-Elbo...ocphy=9059506&hvtargid=pla-568668680529&psc=1

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Bunch of great info and responses. I really appreciate all the info

lukelalor

FNG
Are you sure it's tendonitis? An impinged nerve in the neck area can cause some very similar pain in certain areas. I go through that all the time with my three herniated discs in my neck. Pains pop up all over the place out of nowhere.
This was my thought as well. I am a climber and had on/off tendentious which I could never get under control until I started "nerve stretching", which makes me think I didn't have tendonitis after all. I also pretty consistently do rotator cuff rehab with bands which I think is helpful, but honestly don't know.

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive had that issues for years .The best things you can do from home are reverse wrist curls and Dixie cup ice massages. But what will really help is a Prp injection or pro lo therapy prp works best took mine away.