Tendinitis in forearm and bicep

Suffer from exactly what you stated plus upper bicep issues. I made the mistake of trying to work out with the young men at work and part of the workout was a 100 pull-ups and still dealing with it. One guy I know really believes in deep tissue massage or smashing. He often will lay a barbell down lay on his side and roll the end of the barbell along his bicep and forearms. It hurts!! but seemed to loosen things up. He also recommends flossing. May be worth a try

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Appreciate it all guys. Great info. Seems to be healing up pretty good. Been focusing on some of the mentioned stretches and it seems to be helping. Got through another “Murph” the other day with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it all guys. Great info. Seems to be healing up pretty good. Been focusing on some of the mentioned stretches and it seems to be helping. Got through another “Murph” the other day with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
man if you got through a murph you are doing way better then I. Not to change the subject but do you bang it out all in sequence. meanong 100 pullups before moving to the 200 pushups etc? or do a few pull up then push ups then squats? Reason i ask is i can kip worth a dange and have to do strict pullups

With tendonitis one of the last things you want to do is stretch it. The problem is that you're too weak in whatever small muscles you have hurting. I arm wrestle a lot and put my joints and muscles through hell and the only thing that has helped me has been eccentric exercises on those muscles that are lit up. It sucks horribly but with that protocol I've been able to get rid of the tennis elbow that haunted me for years.

Flex bars and tyler twist equivalent exercises are the things that helped for me. Gentle ice massage like Jim pointed out helps with the acute pain but strengthening is the only thing that will cure it. Go to a good PT and they can help.

DigDug

FNG
I'm going through something similar and haven't had much relief with just resting it over the last two months or so. I will definitely give some of these a try.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
I used to get it fairly frequent in my forearm in the past; but haven’t had to deal with it for some time. This past week, it’s really comeback not only in my forearm below my elbow but also in my bicep above my elbow. Anyone have any good advise or remedies? I haven’t done anything new or different with my weekly workouts to cause this, so I’m a bit surprised to see it come back like it has. Thanks
Being an electrician I deal with wrist and forearm tendinitis a lot. I found dropping milk/lactose helped more than anything and as a secondary i have THC/cbd being in WA. And a crap load of stretching every day

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Stretching is really helping. Couldn’t be a lactose thing for me, I’ve been off dairy for a long time.

GotDraw?

WKR
Strongly suggest you consider bee-sting therapy.

Look for a practitioner in your area.

A buddy had terrible elbow tendonitis, could not draw his bow. Nothing would cure it.

He was cooking ribs on a grill at a charity fundraiser and a bee stung him on the back of the hand. He said he felt the heat from the sting move up his forearm. Gave it no further thought and kept grilling.

Woke up the next day-- NO MORE TENDONITIS that day or ever since.

Unbelievable but true, so I researched it and it turns out that bee sting therapy is for real.

You have nothing to lose, so give it a try.

Let me know if it helps.

JL

take a dumbell slightly heavier than you would normally curl for 10 reps. You are going to slowly lower it from a full curl position to a straight arm (eccentric) and then lift it back up with both hands then slowly lower it it again for 10 reps. Do 2 to 3 sets of this every few days. lay off other exercises that work the bicep. I do these sitting with elbow resting on inner leg/ thigh