Tenkara fishing

Lawnboi

WKR
The more I read about this the more I want to pick one of these rods up. For the weight, it seems like something I wouldn't be afraid to always carry in the pack.

Any one use one? Which one, and how do you like it?

Gman

WKR
Talk to Sawtooth. He comes by here occasionally but you can always get his attention on the Kifaru board. He's one of the premier Tenkara guides in the US, very knowledgeable about backcountry use, and can definitely recommend the best set up for you.

Plus he makes a mean venison marinade.

Curtis C

WKR
Tenkara will be my backcountry setup this year. The stream is the areas I hunt are small so a reel is just extra weight. Tenkara is lightweight, simple and effective.
I have the TenkaraUSA Ayu and Iwana. I also have the short handle for the Iwana that will be my BC kit.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Sawtooth has a blog as well. I have not taken the Tenkara plunge yet but it looks like a great small stream, backcountry option. I am too attached to my Winston LT 5 piece 2wt rod to try the Tenkara. Just a matter of time. Sawtooth is the guy to help you for sure.

6x6

FNG
I have one as well, and love it. Mine is the Tenkara brand. Very well made, light, and great to fish with on the small steams, and mountain lakes in the Uintas here in Utah.

The more I read about this the more I want to pick one of these rods up. For the weight, it seems like something I wouldn't be afraid to always carry in the pack.

Any one use one? Which one, and how do you like it?

for 4 oz's for the largest rod... You could probably have a really nice setup for 8 oz and be able to eat high mountain lake trout ! I'll probably take one this year