Tent for long term use

S-3 ranch

WKR
hola muchachas
I am thinking about buying a wall tent for extended use on a ranch , ideas where I can purchase a nice stove and since it’s Texas install a window unit A/C
got water and electric service on two different ranch
just need a stove source
and thought of air conditioning it

I will be moving it around to white tail, mule deer, pronghorn camps on different ranches
thoughts on this type thing

Attachments

• 91A33D60-6389-4C51-8459-590DD239AAC7.png
    91A33D60-6389-4C51-8459-590DD239AAC7.png
    755 KB · Views: 34
  • 526E7430-5FBB-4A45-8865-0088C2726980.jpeg
    526E7430-5FBB-4A45-8865-0088C2726980.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 35

Laramie

WKR
For extended periods you will likely be a heck of a lot more comfortable in a camper. Not to mention you won't have to stress the snakes and other pests in your living quarters. You can buy cheap used campers that need work almost as cheap as you can buy a tent. Fix it up, make it what you want.

That said, I have seen it done in a Davis tent. You will need to build framework to support the window AC unit on one wall or build a stand that will support it inside and out.

This is a decent stove that we like - https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ixp_fNtcH1AhVxNX0KHdLsDQ0Q9aACegQIARBH&adurl=

Given your intentions, a camper or pop-up tent trailer might be your best and most comfortable choice. Easier set-up, take-down, no snakes gathering underneath, fewer rodent issues. All ya need is a trailer hitch and some propane. They are readily available new & used in a variety of sizes and price ranges. I was looking at this one. I have access to a few ranches and I like that I can button this up tight when I'm not there, unlike a tent which must take abuse. Plus it's a lot more luxury without the big hassles of erecting and breaking it down when done. Yeah, cost a bit more but hey, if you're gone for weeks some creature comforts won't hurt. Nice to have a hot shower, crapper, all the cooking stuff and a comfortable heated mattress. It's about $1500-$2000 more to add A/C.
802B2A41-CC15-4DF5-9FF6-6B652912E15D.jpg

Last edited:

Davis Tent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
hola muchachas
I am thinking about buying a wall tent for extended use on a ranch , ideas where I can purchase a nice stove and since it’s Texas install a window unit A/C
got water and electric service on two different ranch
just need a stove source
and thought of air conditioning it

I will be moving it around to white tail, mule deer, pronghorn camps on different ranches
thoughts on this type thing

We'd be more than happy to answer any of your questions regarding placement of the AC vent. There are many possibilities when you run electricity to your tent. Building a deck/platform to go below your tent is a very common thing to when people are staying in wall tents for an extended period of time.