Tent Light?

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at getting a light system for inside my SO courthouse tent. We always used to use a propane lantern but with the new tent I am looking into other options.

This is for back county hunting, we use horses to reach our camp area, but would also like to keep things light for the option of back packing.

What does everyone use/ recommend?

Thoughts on the Davis wall Tent Solar light system?

https://www.davistent.com/product/solar-led-lights/

bsnedeker

WKR
When it's dark outside I go to sleep so I can't help you on the lantern, but I wanted to say that is a SWEET looking tent! I wasn't aware they made something like this....very cool!

PNWGATOR

WKR
Take a look at the Big Agnus mtnGLO led string lights. They’ve been awesome for us over the last several years.

Jonn44

FNG
I use a Black Diamond Moji lantern. It’s light, durable, and dimmable. Never used it something as big as SO always in a 3/4 man tent. $10 in the bargain cave at Cabelas.

Mosby

WKR
I have a small butane light I take everywhere. Forget the brand. Something like this:

Attachments

• 1617052031778.png
    1617052031778.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

sndmn11

WKR
I am looking at getting a light system for inside my SO courthouse tent. We always used to use a propane lantern but with the new tent I am looking into other options.

This is for back county hunting, we use horses to reach our camp area, but would also like to keep things light for the option of back packing.

I have used the set you linked since they were being tested and they work well. I have gone through a few sets after breaking some lights and losing the ability to charge with a panel as well. But, for what they cost they are a fair product.

I have thought about getting the Princetontec rechargeable helix https://princetontec.com/product/helix-backcountry-rechargeable/ but dropped the ball last week when they were on sale. They have battery ones as well. https://princetontec.com/product/helix-basecamp/

I do have a few of the above mentioned Moji lanterns from Black Diamond, and they are just fine. If you did go with the set you linked, you will be fine with just one set in the Courthouse.

ChrisAU

WKR
At 2 oz and rechargeable the same as my phone/GPS/headlamp, this has been a no brainer the last few years for me:

Check out the Ledlenser ML-4... it's light, small & bright.. I love mine & it can be recharged or use a standard AA battery.. ML-6 is a little bit bigger & brighter

Vandy321

WKR
Either a couple luci light solar inflatable lantern for under $20 (hang it outside to recharge during the day) or...Amazon has waterproof copper wire string LEDs for $8 if you have a battery pack to plug them into, I have a 30 foot string (if you have something to mount them to inside). My buddy brought some last year for outside of the tent, threw them up on the bushes in camp...was really nice to sit around and BS without headlamps while we cooked

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Luci. Packs flat, small, lightweight, bright, and solar recharge

Dwinsall

FNG

Davis solar light system looks pretty cool... Did you ever get any info on those mad how the worked???

I just use my headlamp with something around it to diffuse the light. Hang it inside a game bag, or opaque plastic bag, bottle etc. Basically the same principle as most of the lanterns.

OP
Lurch12

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
I have not purchased them yet. Looking at a few options. Just not sure what route I want to go.

rayporter

WKR

CO-AJ

WKR
I bring a Luci if I’m going to be hanging out a lot in a hot tent during long, cold nights.
I love my Luci lantern. Collapses down to about 1" tall and weighs nothing, solar powered so it charges during the day and has 3 settings. Lights my SO Cimarron very well, not sure how well it would work for a bigger wall type tent. You may need to buy a few of them to fully light something like a big wall tent.

Mosby

WKR
How much gas does this use?
Obviously depends on how much I use it. If it is cold outside, I use it more because it throws off some heat before I climb in my bag and when I first wake up. It is a luxury item. I've never measured it but will normally take an extra container for it and one for my stove and it lasts several days.