Tent recommendation

ewade07

WKR
Get yourself an Argali Rincon 2P. Super light 2 person tent that is more than enough room for 1 person.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I use a copper spur 1p and it’s been great a 2 would be nice for the space but I’m not hanging out and entertaining in the thing lol!

BDRam16

WKR
Get yourself an Argali Rincon 2P. Super light 2 person tent that is more than enough room for 1 person.
I can’t believe this thread went this long before someone said the Rincon. 22oz including stakes for a true 2p tent. PALACE for 1. Especially since the OP is already used to a tipi.

ewade07

WKR
I can’t believe this thread went this long before someone said the Rincon. 22oz including stakes for a true 2p tent. PALACE for 1. Especially since the OP is already used to a tipi.
Super lightweight and its like you said, a palace for 1 person. I used mine all of shed season and i had plenty of room for me, my gear and my two dogs and their gear. Its at a great price point too.

ewade07

WKR
I’m looking for a new 1 person tent for this years September elk season. Usually I setup a base camp and run a Cimmaron, but this year I need something smaller and lighter. I will be on the move and want something with a smaller footprint. I’m not a bivy sack type of guy. What do you all recommend? I’ve looked at the Kuiu summit star 1p and the Seek Outside Silex.
I actually sold all of my Seek Outide tents and got the Argali 4P and 2P. At 22 oz, the Rincon 2P would be perfect.

BDRam16

WKR
I actually sold all of my Seek Outide tents and got the Argali 4P and 2P. At 22 oz, the Rincon 2P would be perfect.
I'm actually debating the Owyhee 1p as well. I don't have the need for the Absaroka 4p yet.

ewade07

WKR
I'm actually debating the Owyhee 1p as well. I don't have the need for the Absaroka 4p yet.
Do you have the Rincon? Why waste the money if you do? the weight difference is marginal and the Rincon gives you more room and the ability to run a stove.

BDRam16

WKR
Do you have the Rincon? Why waste the money if you do? the weight difference is marginal and the Rincon gives you more room and the ability to run a stove.
I do, but not the insert. If I wanted to run something solo with the insert the Owyhee is 12oz lighter total. But mostly because buying new stuff is fun lol.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
For a true lightweight 1P tent, I have the SG Skyair ULT. I use it primarily for summer hiking trips, early season archery hunts with mild weather, or when I'm expecting to be mobile. Overall, I'd recommend it for those applications and it served me well but not something I'd want to test in inclement weather.

My other tent is a Nallo 2 which I would consider a palace for one and bombproof. Downside is it weighs 5lbs but I've experienced every kind of weather (downpours, hail, heavy snow, high wind, etc) and have ultimate confident in that shelter. I'd highly recommend this shelter if you expect to encounter weather.

There’s a Nemo Hornet on the classifieds that is priced well. I bought the same tent on here from the classifieds and it suits my needs at 2lbs.

Another vote for the Durston Xmid 2p. Just had mine for a few months but already spent multiple nights at treeline in CO in high winds with no issue. I previously had a BA copper spur but wanted to shed weight. I will say the Durston’s footprint is slightly larger compared to similar 2p freestanding tents, so that may be a factor if you are truly looking for a small footprint. Can’t speak to the footprint on the 1p durston. I opted for the the larger version as I use it with my son fairly frequently. I do like that their 1p tent still has two vestibules - that would be a deciding factor for me.

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up getting a marmot tungsten UL 1p. Spent a few nights in it. Been pretty happy with it so far. Plenty of room if you ask med, vestibule as well, good price point.

Bravedave

FNG
I am looking for an Argali Rincon 2 or Absaroka 4. With or without insert. Thank you, David

nest

FNG
Six moon designs lunar solo is a very lite and roomy 1 person tent. It also does very good in the rain.

schur7559

FNG
I went from a Cimmaron to a Silex to reduce weight and footprint size. No regrets for me, solid shelter.

I have the old version of the Sierra Designs Flashlite 2. It’s right at about three pounds with the included poles. Lighter if you use trekking poles. I’m tall and wide and it has plenty of room for me and decent vestibule space

Belleau

FNG
Super lightweight and its like you said, a palace for 1 person. I used mine all of shed season and i had plenty of room for me, my gear and my two dogs and their gear. Its at a great price point too.
There are so many options... However, one thing I appreciate about the Rincon is that it allows you to use your stove with the half insert. Which is not possible with the Silex, only with the Cimarron. It might be a niche use, but for drying stuff in poor weather, I really value having the option.

That said I don't own one, so not a suggestion here, just a fact lol.