Tent recommendations

Bearsears

WKR
I went through several different tents too. Then I decided to go floorless and started out with a Jimmytarps Granite Mountain. I wasnt really a fan of the pitch or interior height so I moved on. Now I've settled into Seek Outside stuff. I have an Eolus that I run for spring, summer, and bow season. I have the nest for it for my wife. For later seasons I have a Redcliff with a stove. I love all of these setups although sometimes I think about selling them all for an LBO base tarp base and a vestibule. That setup is crazy versatile and would cover everything from solo up to four guys and you can use a stove in any combo you run.

TheBrianM

FNG
I have a MSR Hubba Hubba and love it. Fairly light for it's size, tons of room for one person (both in the tent and including the double vestibule) and having air vents at the head/foot is nice for some airflow and cutting down on condensation.

PlanoDano

FNG
Brands I have tried
Best bang for your buck / 3.5 season tents Henrey Shires Tarptent
Pro deals if you qualify Big Agnes, Nemo and Sierra Designs
I have used quality shelters from all of these brands
I will give Seek Outside a try next time I am in the mood for a change

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
Been using a Kelty Gunnison for 12 years. Have a larger pop up dome for truck camping,Both have floors & rain flys. My sleeping bags keeps me warm...and clothes...lol

FLS

WKR
I’ve got a 1 man UL Marmot. Kinda tight, but what 1 person tent isn’t???
It’s been very durable.

mlgc20

WKR
Just ordered a big Agnes copper spur ul2. Hope I like it
I have the Copper Spur as well as the Fly Creek. You made the right choice. It’s worth the extra bit of weight for the 2nd door and 2nd vestibule. I’ve never had issues with either in the wind. Best of luck this season.

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
Unpopular option but the 3F Lanshan 2 is an excellent value. Yes it is made in China, but I can tell you the quality of the example I have is high. I have gone over very inch of stitching, and it was made well. 2.54 pounds including stakes and guylines. Huge for person and gear and doable for a couple with gear. You can also use it without the inner tent and save a pound.

do you have a link to the version that you use? I saw this on amazon and on a google search, but curious to which one you use. thanks!

do you have a link to the version that you use? I saw this on amazon and on a google search, but curious to which one you use. thanks!

They also sell them on AliExpress, sometimes for cheaper, but eBay is a little less sketch and probably worth the extra $15-20.

There is a new Pro version that I have not seen in person. It’s a bit lighter but not that much, and it does not have the ability to be used floorless like the original.

I’d actually consider getting the one person for the weight savings and the smaller footprint if hunting the mountains where flat ground is a premium.