Tent recommendations

rslscobra

FNG
Ok, looking for recommendations on the lightest possible tent w/floor to use for backpack hunting. Not to worried about budget can be self supporting or use trekking poles. Thanks

mlgc20

WKR
Zpacks or one of the carbon/platinum Big Agnes tents. I’ve had a BA platinum Fly Creek for many years and love it. Been considering switching to Zpacks.

Brooks

WKR
I’ve been using a Kuiu Mountain Star 2 man and have had no problems with it. IMO it’s a 1 man tent unless you have your girlfriend or wife along.

Gapmaster

WKR
I second the Tarptent. I've tried various setups and I recently purchased the Moment by Tarptent. I think I'm done buying tents. Simple, light , and effective.

JRMiller

WKR
With no budget then Zpacks, Big Agnes, or Tarptent.
I have no firsthand experience on how any of those would do in heavy stories however. Not sure if that matters to you or not.
I’ve used many an ultralight tent only to switch to something a bit heavier after they did badly in storms ( high winds, horizontal rain, heavy snow, blizzards, etc)

I've been using a Nemo Blaze 2p for the past couple years and it's been great. It's right at 2 lbs and is free standing and pretty roomy. Not sure if they still make it, but they still make the Hornet model which is a few ounces lighter I believe

TarpTent aeon Li or Zpacks plexamid are my favorite one person w/ vestibule designs. TT Stratospire Li and Zpacks duplex would be my choices for 2p All are under 2 lb.

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
I have done quite a bit of research lately looking for a new tent and will be going with a tarptent for this season.

REI has lots of good tents, definitely would get one with a rain fly that reaches the ground to keep boots and pack dry so you aren’t sleeping around a bunch of stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk