Tent Stovepipe diameter

RealMoses

FNG
So I just bought a SO Redcliff, and I wanted a pomoly stove but because I ate my budget on the tent I decided to build my own collapsible stove, which I just tested tonight and it passed the initial burn in test so I’m moving forward with the build. Anyway, I’m on to the damper and stove pipe part of the build, and I’m wondering what everyone’s opinions are on pipe diameter. I was thinking either 2.5” or 3”, but I’m not sure what I really need to handle the air flow… also, is there a damper design out there that is better than the rest? Thanks in advance

vtbow

FNG
how big is your stove? I"ve had good luck with 2.5". I use the damper by SO. Their updated design is great with a built in/dumpable spark arrester and slid in damper plate.

Marble

WKR
So I just bought a SO Redcliff, and I wanted a pomoly stove but because I ate my budget on the tent I decided to build my own collapsible stove, which I just tested tonight and it passed the initial burn in test so I’m moving forward with the build. Anyway, I’m on to the damper and stove pipe part of the build, and I’m wondering what everyone’s opinions are on pipe diameter. I was thinking either 2.5” or 3”, but I’m not sure what I really need to handle the air flow… also, is there a damper design out there that is better than the rest? Thanks in advance

Find a stove with a similar volume and mimic the pipe from that.

I bet if you reached out to a manufacture/ seller they might help you out.

Pretty impressive to build your own stove.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk