Tent Time!!

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys here is what I am looking at. Both are Big Agnes tents. I am looking to see if anyone is using them? Good/Bad?? I know its all about weight should I spend the extra money and get the lighter one. Or is there something better?

1.Copper Spur UL2

Trail Weight 3lb 1oz
Packed Weight 3lb 7oz
Footprint Weight 5oz
Fast Fly Weight 2lb 6oz
Packed Size 6" x 18"
Floor Area 29sq ft
Vestibule Area 9sq ft
Head Height 42"
Foot Height 22

Or the

2.Jack Rabbit SL2

Trail Weight 3lb 13oz
Packed Weight 4lb 5oz
Footprint Weight 7oz
Fast Fly Weight 2lb 15oz
Packed Size 6.5x21
Floor Area 27sq ft
Vestibule Area 9sq ft
Head Height 40"
Foot Height 28

LazyV

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a fly creek ul2 last week. Really like what I have seen so far, and its quite a bit lighter than those two. If two guys used the tent it would be cozy to say the least.

OP
Vector32

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
Yea that one is light. I am planing on 2 using it or to have enough room to keep my pack and bow in side with me. I like the Fly Creek. But I like having the 2 doors and 2 vestibules.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
For the money I'd go with the GoLite Wolf Creek 2, 4 pounds 3 oz with 30 sq ft of floor area and two 9 sq ft vestibules. Right now they are on sale on the golite website for $170 if you order before Midnight ;) Still not a bad deal at $200 though. :D If you want two doors and two vestibules its a pretty great value for sure.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the CS UL1 (the lighter 2012 model) and love it. A side entry is a must with any tent you plan to use for hunting in my book.

mtmiller

WKR
I am a big fan of the Copper Spur. I only have experience with CS1, so can't compare with the Jack Rabbit.

OP
Vector32

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
Mountainsmith Mountain LT Tarp Tent. 53 Square Feet of area for 2 lbs 6 ounces. Cant beat that. Its well made too cost is 100$ Or get yourself a Kifaru Tarp.

Let me know if you want to come by and see it Vector Im in Littleton, I can set it up for you to check out. Its a palace for 1 person and gear. No Floor so if that bothers you then it probably wouldnt work.

I have been looking at these. Are they as warm as a tent?

I have been looking at these. Are they as warm as a tent?

Floorless shelters seem to be the craze now. I just purchased the MountainSmith Lt Shelter this past week. Hope to try and set it up tomorrow depending on weather. I paid $105. For that price it was a must try.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Having a floor in your tent doesnt do anything for warmth really. Heat rises. Im much better off without that weight then with it. If your interested in seeing it let me know. Can have you come to my place to check it out. Super easy to pitch. 2 minutes to put up.

OP
Vector32

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
Having a floor in your tent doesnt do anything for warmth really. Heat rises. Im much better off without that weight then with it. If your interested in seeing it let me know. Can have you come to my place to check it out. Super easy to pitch. 2 minutes to put up.

Thanks for the offer of. I still can't drive for another 3 weeks. Not sure my girlfriend would drive me up there to look at a tent lol.

Ok guys here is what I am looking at. Both are Big Agnes tents. I am looking to see if anyone is using them? Good/Bad?? I know its all about weight should I spend the extra money and get the lighter one. Or is there something better?

1.Copper Spur UL2

Trail Weight 3lb 1oz
Packed Weight 3lb 7oz
Footprint Weight 5oz
Fast Fly Weight 2lb 6oz
Packed Size 6" x 18"
Floor Area 29sq ft
Vestibule Area 9sq ft
Head Height 42"
Foot Height 22

Or the

2.Jack Rabbit SL2

Trail Weight 3lb 13oz
Packed Weight 4lb 5oz
Footprint Weight 7oz
Fast Fly Weight 2lb 15oz
Packed Size 6.5x21
Floor Area 27sq ft
Vestibule Area 9sq ft
Head Height 40"
Foot Height 28

Check out the Big Agnes Slater UL2. Bigger and lighter than both those.