Tent w/ Walking Sticks and Condensation

Hi Folks - I started using a tent with trekking poles as support. Each morning Id have to collapse the tent to be able to take my poles with me for the hunt. What I noticed was that all the condensation that was built up overnight ends up falling on my sleeping bag when I collapse the tent.

Am I doing something wrong? I am think of buying separate poles so I never have to collapse the tent.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I never use my trekking poles on the hunt unless I'm packing something out. My weapon is in my hands, not my trekking poles. Too much noise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Building off what Sneaky said - use the trekking poles to get in to camp - set up your tent and then just leave them there until you get something on the ground. Once you do - break down camp and use the poles for the packout

mlgc20

WKR
If I need to remove my trekking poles in the morning and there is condensation or ice, I flip my pad over so it's on top of my quilt. Then when I get out and remove the poles, the condensation largely gets on the pad. Never had any issues.

CO-AJ

WKR
I purchased the carbon fiber pole. Weighs nothing and I think is sturdier than trekking poles with the straps. I can use the CF pole in either of my tents.

Poser

WKR
I’ve just broken or cut sticks -may or may not swap them out for trekking poles at night, depending on the quality of the wood and how well they fit. In much of the terrain I hunt, I do want my trekking poles with me. Could also be the case that you kill an animal far from your camp and want them for the initial pack out. Lots of variables to consider

tttoadman

WKR
I just wait until about 10AM when the condensation problem is gone, then I take my poles and go hunt.

really...my pole tents are single pole, so I just take one with me for the first packout and that is a good compromise.

Vandy321

WKR
Maybe reconsider if you need trekking poles for a hunt with just a light day pack, and leave the poles in the tent...go get them for a heavy packout when needed.

Wrench

WKR
Raise your pitch a little to reduce your condensation. Tie off to a tree or cut poles. Pull the tent after prime time.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Raise your pitch a little to reduce your condensation. Tie off to a tree or cut poles. Pull the tent after prime time.
You could also try playing with the vents more, but raising the pitch is probably the way to go. I spent a lot of effort getting mine flush with the ground, only to wake up damp.

Wrench

WKR
You can also put a rock or log under it in a few spots to cross vent.

Gotta move some air is the key.