Tent with a view - something you can leave open in the rain

When I was a kid I camped in a-frame tents that had rain flies that extended out over the tent inner without touching the ground. Because of this you had great ventilation and could even look outside without getting wet.

Nowadays it seems like every tent has a vestibule that extends to the ground, making you basically blind to the outside world and hampering ventilation as well.

A lot of popular floorless shelters like mids go to the ground as well. You can set up a nice open porch, but you have to close it when it’s raining.

Are there any lightweight floored setups that can provide the open experience I’m looking for? Sierra designs made the Flash tent a few years back that looked interesting, but sadly it is discontinued.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Tarptent Double Rainbow and Lightheartgear FireFly both can be setup with the the vestibules in porch configuration which will give ventilation and views in the rain.

Voyageur

WKR
I can leave one or both vestibules open on my Tarptent Stratospire II and it provides a nice view as well as protection from the rain. Different story though if it's a driving rain.

trailguru

FNG
I believe the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV series has that awning feature as well. Tbh, from everyone i've met who has that tent no one actually uses that feature. Great in theory, a hassle to set up and take it down

Copper Spur.jpg

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
Tarptent and Durston can be used with vestibules open and set up with rain flys off the ground for better ventilation