tents vs. The Teepe style, and also price points

I've been trying to decide what shelter to get for 3-5 night pack hunts. I've always lugged in a 6lb. Car camp tent. I'm curious as to other than weight, what benefits these other style shelters bring?
I understand that many are also capable of a stove jack but for me I'm strictly an archery hunter and with a good bag + leaving some clothes on, there isnt USUALLY any September weather that has left me wishing I had a stove.
I've been looking at something like this alps lynx tent and I'm curious what benefits somthing like the sawtooth, tut, cimarron or any of those style brings to the table that I dont get out of something framed like the lynx?

Also from the price point perspective, what am I getting from something like the hilleberg tents, the msr hubba bubba, a kifaru ect.. that I cant get out of something like this lynx?

73f9c8bf4aa001ce4c0d316d69b886eb.jpg
1fdcc9cbff613c8a7091740cc557f485.jpg
7f04a2ad57498f4c059f515a2e42f564.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You get WAY more floor space out of a floorless shelter for less weight. You can crawl in with muddy or dirty boots and don't have to worry about the floor. That tent is really heavy for the fact that it's a one man tent. The other tents you mentioned will primarily give you more floor space for less weight and proven durability. The Hilleberg options are usually heavier, but would probably be the last time you had to buy a tent. Nemo Hornet has as much floor space as the tent you listed... and is under 2lbs. Copper Spur 1 is a lot lighter too. If it's in your price point, then I understand. But, you get more space and durability for less weight with other options.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
nickstevens2588
The makes/models were just examples to help understand what types of shelters I'm talking about. And also references to price points. I'm still pretty young and spending an extra 2-300$ just to shave a pound or two isnt a top priority for me. Definitely a plus but not a seal the deal feature for me. The flourless aspect is nice in not having to worry about getting dirty I'll agree with you there.

From what I gather SO FAR, weight-size ratio is the biggest factor in the difference of price.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The makes/models were just examples to help understand what types of shelters I'm talking about. And also references to price points. I'm still pretty young and spending an extra 2-300$ just to shave a pound or two isnt a top priority for me. Definitely a plus but not a seal the deal feature for me. The flourless aspect is nice in not having to worry about getting dirty I'll agree with you there.

From what I gather SO FAR, weight-size ratio is the biggest factor in the difference of price.

So, by that logic, keep carrying your 6lb tent and save your money. It's less than a 2lb difference.

OP
nickstevens2588
So, by that logic, keep carrying your 6lb tent and save your money. It's less than a 2lb difference.

Sure, except I was asking for all benefits of the other options out there not just weight. And even stated that the weight reduction is a plus in my eyes but not worth the extra money if that's the ONLY benefit. I'm assuming that weight is not the only factor so I'm asking what else is?

Beendare

WKR
I run both the tipis and tents.

Tipis are a very good shelter to weight ratio....especially in windy conditions. Nothing sheds the wind better than the tipi design, IME. Then if you want to add a light weight stove...the tipis shine. The downside is they can have condensation issues like all single wall shelters. The condensation exhibits itself more in the sloped roof of a tipi than some tents. And floorless has advantages and disadvantages. If there are varmints...floorless lets them in....and sometimes its nice to have a floor....we typically put a tarp down for 1/2.

A UL Quality tent can be a great option. Super light and compact. When you are trying to go minimalist, fast and light these win out.

I've seen a lot of these shelters over the last 30+ yrs and my take is; buy quality. Some of the cheap stuff will only get you a few seasons of tough use....I've seen some total crap brands- some mentioned here regularly- Kelty, BA- buyer beware. Tarptent, Hilleberg, Marmot, are all good options.

OP
nickstevens2588
I run both the tipis and tents.

Tipis are a very good shelter to weight ratio....especially in windy conditions. Nothing sheds the wind better than the tipi design, IME. Then if you want to add a light weight stove...the tipis shine. The downside is they can have condensation issues like all single wall shelters. The condensation exhibits itself more in the sloped roof of a tipi than some tents. And floorless has advantages and disadvantages. If there are varmints...floorless lets them in....and sometimes its nice to have a floor....we typically put a tarp down for 1/2.

A UL Quality tent can be a great option. Super light and compact. When you are trying to go minimalist, fast and light these win out.

I've seen a lot of these shelters over the last 30+ yrs and my take is; buy quality. Some of the cheap stuff will only get you a few seasons of tough use....I've seen some total crap brands- some mentioned here regularly- Kelty, BA- buyer beware. Tarptent, Hilleberg, Marmot, are all good options.
Hey Beendare, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you.

Also if anyone has anything to add to what Beendare said I'm all ears!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm not sure I would call Big Agnes a crap brand just because you had a bad experience with it Beendare. Tons of guys run their shelters with zero issues. You are paying for better quality materials and design features from the mainline mountaineering and backpacking brands. Tarptent makes great shelters, sewed here in the US to boot. Just a litany of reasons to save a little longer and buy a better shelter. Support after the sale being one for sure.

Felix40

WKR
You will probably get triple the floor space out of a floorless the same weight as that tent. Plus the floorless models you listed will be better in a storm.

Being able to sit or stand up is pretty nice too

tttoadman

WKR
If I was sept hunting, I would look at the Big Agnes CS2. I would only buy the classic. The new ones have stupid doors. These can be bought for less than $300. The quick free standing setups are nice. I only went away from the CS2 because I hunt mostly late season.

If you are looking at hunting with partners, I would consider the TP's. Hanging out at night chatting face to face is nice instead of talking through walls.