Terminus Kratos Lite

I’m putting together a light-ish custom hunting rifle and am considering a Terminus Kratos Lite. I’ve seen this action recommended a few times, but I haven’t seen too many detailed opinions on this forum.

I’m also considering a Defiance Anti or Anti X, but feel that the Kratos Lite features - shorter bolt throw, 3-lug design, etc. - are worth the extra 2.5 to 4 ounces.

Does anyone have experience with both or can share their experience with the Kratos Lite?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't have any experience with the Kratos lite. But I would assume the machining and coating is going to be very similar to the Zeus! Comparing a Zeus to an Anti X first of is pushing the bolt forward. The DLC coating that Terminus offers is not going to be quite as smooth when you are pushing the bolt forward as the nitride from Defiance. I don't know which will wear quicker so that is something to consider. Next is bolt close/open. Seems like this is 6 one way half dozen the other. The defiance will be smoother vs the Terminus has a shorter bolt throw. A lot will be dependent on the Trigger here too but this is just what I have noticed. I should point out that the smoothness of the action was just slightly better so there isn't a huge difference! I have only handles 1 Terminus too so a very small sample size. It really comes down to whether or not you want the 60 degree bolt throw and whether the 4 oz difference is worth it.

I went with a Terminus Apollo Lite after weighing my options.
The Apollo really does come in at 20oz with the recoil lug and scope rail vs the Defiance at 22.1oz. (I just looked and saw the Kratos Lite comes in at 27.2 vs the Anti-x at 23.4)

The 3 lug and shorter bolt throw really are nice to keep your hand away from smacking your scope.

I haven't handled a Defiance, but you won't be disappointed if you go Terminus. I just heard from someone this weekend at a match that Defiance is at least a 14 month wait...

eoperator

WKR
I haven't handled a Defiance, but you won't be disappointed if you go Terminus. I just heard from someone this weekend at a match that Defiance is at least a 14 month wait...
Anti's are fairly easy to find, do some diggin and you will find one in stock.

Longtine

FNG
I have 8 rifles on Defiance Actions. Most are AntiX's. I have 2 Terminus. One Zeus QC and a Kratos Lite. I will say this I generally pick up the two Terminus before the Defiance ones. Not totally sure and nothing against the defiance. But the Terminus actions after you use them it just feels right. Love the bolts. I use prefits on the Kratos Lite. The Zeus, I have could have only one action it would be it because of the QC. But as far as pure hunting rifle I'd say the Kratos Lite. I will say this, the Defiance AntiX is lighter by a little. But man you just need to cycle a bolt on each one then you would know.

SoYoCo

FNG
I wish I could find a Kratos Lite somewhere in stock. I want to build a 7 PRC in a bad way!

Longtine

FNG
I like the terminus actions better than defiance. They just feel better operating them.

SoYoCo

FNG
No sir, I talked to Joel however. He had a batch coming in. I would recommend calling him and inquiring.