Terminus Mountain outfitters, BC.?

SDHNTR

WKR
anyone know anything about these guys? I have a friend considering a multi species hunt For moose, Mtn Bou and mtn goat with them. Doesn’t seem to be much Info out there. My only advice to him was to contact the GOBC and ask for any complaints. What he found in response was that apparently in order for a hunter to file a complaint with the GOBC, one must pay a $500 fee to do so. If that’s true, there goes all legitimacy! Anyway, hoping to find some info, good, bad or otherwise. Thanks.

as.ks.ak

WKR
I have a good buddy that guides for them. Top notch outfit....most of the good ones don’t have much of a social media type presence, because they don’t need it. Word of mouth keeps them busy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I like the sound of that. Despise social media whore outfitters. Thanks.

Haven’t hunted with them but have visited with Craig on multiple occasions at Sheep Show and been impressed every time.

Iceman82

FNG
anyone know anything about these guys? I have a friend considering a multi species hunt For moose, Mtn Bou and mtn goat with them. Doesn’t seem to be much Info out there. My only advice to him was to contact the GOBC and ask for any complaints. What he found in response was that apparently in order for a hunter to file a complaint with the GOBC, one must pay a $500 fee to do so. If that’s true, there goes all legitimacy! Anyway, hoping to find some info, good, bad or otherwise. Thanks.
I hunted goats with them in 2018, very very good operation and great people

RdRdrFan

WKR
I was scheduled to hunt with them last year. Covid/border closure stopped that. When he decided to implement a 20% up charge to the hunt cost in order to rebook in 2021 I cancelled. When he sent my money back he withheld the 20% anyway.

Not how I choose to do business.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

recurveman

Lil-Rokslider
So here is my advice.......I'm not sure I would be all excited about giving a large sum of cash to a business that is going through its second year of zero income. This COVID thing has to be crushing outfitters and some of them have to be in very difficult times financially right now. I'm not sure I want to give a guy 25K+ as a deposit to only find out that he isn't in business next year. Personally, I won't let go of any of my cash into Canada until they get a year under their belts. Then I will book. It isn't worth the risk. I'll wait.

Blueman

FNG
is that dale drinkall's outfit? if it is my dad hunted there about 5 years ago on a moose goat caribou hunt. came home with a moose and a caribou. I can give you more info or my dads number if needed. anecdotally I can tell you a few things.

So here is my advice.......I'm not sure I would be all excited about giving a large sum of cash to a business that is going through its second year of zero income. This COVID thing has to be crushing outfitters and some of them have to be in very difficult times financially right now. I'm not sure I want to give a guy 25K+ as a deposit to only find out that he isn't in business next year. Personally, I won't let go of any of my cash into Canada until they get a year under their belts. Then I will book. It isn't worth the risk. I'll wait.
Lots of outfitters will work with you on deposit amount provided the hunt is 3 years out. You give them 10K this year, 10K next year, then the rest the year of the hunt.

buzzy

WKR
I was scheduled to hunt with them last year. Covid/border closure stopped that. When he decided to implement a 20% up charge to the hunt cost in order to rebook in 2021 I cancelled. When he sent my money back he withheld the 20% anyway.

If this is true then not sure why anyone would want to book with them. Plenty of outfitters are not doing this and working with their clients.

Man **** that. Sounds super slimy.

Seems like several Canadian outfits are getting away with theft because it’s too had to go after then from a different country. Just go to Alaska screw them.

RdRdrFan

WKR
If this is true then not sure why anyone would want to book with them. Plenty of outfitters are not doing this and working with their clients.

Man **** that. Sounds super slimy.

Oh it’s very true. And it’s very slimy.

Live and learn I guess. I don’t run my businesses that way and I won’t trust or give my money to people who run their business that way. The conversation with him and the fact that he absolutely felt entitled to do what he was doing made it easier to walk away from the money.

buzzy

WKR
Oh it’s very true. And it’s very slimy.

Live and learn I guess. I don’t run my businesses that way and I won’t trust or give my money to people who run their business that way. The conversation with him and the fact that he absolutely felt entitled to do what he was doing made it easier to walk away from the money.
Man that sucks. I can only hope people read this and choose to hire someone else for their hunt. I agree I think many outfitters feel entitled to add this fee and if the client chooses not to go they keep a portion or all of the deposit. Do they not realize the client may have lost their job or worse a loved one and their situation has changed. Refund all the deposit and move along.

buzzy

WKR
Maybe a new thread saying stay away from these guys in the title and the story why is needed! Social media has to put some pressure on these outfitters who are doing crap like this.

Chris

FNG
I hunted with them prior to covid, and I would not go back. Craig is all about the $. Back when Dale had the area, it was a great outfit from my understanding. My guide was great, but business practices were sub-par at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk