Testing a lot of backpacking stoves

Wrongside

WKR
The biggest thing I noticed about the cooking pots when related to stove efficinacy, was the difference in boil time when the cooking pot I was using had the ETA (or similar) type of technology. This is the part of the cooking pot that's located on the bottom and looks like a bunch of zig-zag lines that go up and down. I always knew that this made a difference in efficiency, but wow, I had no idea how much it helped.

I had a similar epiphany last summer. After years of using my MSR Ti Kettle/Soto OD1R quite happily, I bought a Olicamp on a whim. Man, what a difference in boiling times. One of those times that adding 2.6 ounces saves way more in another area.

I'm planning on doing a test with each pot this summer to confirm numbers, but I think my old Titan Kettle has been retired...

Bringing this one back up as pondering a new stove and wondering if the final test results were ever posted for this?

Aron, have you looked at or tested the new MSR Windboiler. Heard that won a back to back test against 13 different stoves at outdoor gear lab. stoves . I just bought one but haven't used it yet outside the house.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
I liked the jet boil but when I bought an Optimus Weekender pot to go with my Pocket Rocket I have changed allegiances. As you say the fins on a pot make a big difference and I love boiling 2 cups of water in less than a minute. On canoe trips I still use a pair of Optimus 111T's but I am liking the Pocket Rocket and weekender pot for walking trips. The pot is heavier than a Titanium jobby but it saves time and gas so I like the combo. The stove won't fit inside but the cannister does.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5039-344/optimus-terra-weekend-he-cookset/