Hoyt Ventum 33 Review ***Updated 8/11/21***

Mine has been shooting fantastic, put new strings on about half way through the year, but didn't need to. This bow holds well, no additional stabilizer on mine, just the small one. Seems to be forgiving as well. I harvested 13 animals this year with my Ventum 33 from 10 yards to 94 yards, really liking this bow a lot! I think this bow is their best offering in quite some time.

So I pulled the trigger on a new bow... I've been knowingly shooting the "wrong" draw length for a bit over a decade but it wasn't hard to deal with because I simply used a long D-loop and made sure to have a consistent anchor point.

My only reason for looking for a bow was draw length and draw weight because I'm prepping to start western hunts. I picked up the 80# model Pro 33 with Hamskea Epsilon. I have a Black Gold Dual track on order, so my Fast Eddie 2 pin will have to hold me over for now.

I knew this bow would be faster but I didn't truly know how much faster it would be. Set at 75# and 31" draw. I also knew that because this was a faster bow, I'd need to add some weight to bring the speed down into the "tunable" range of 280 fps. I use a CED M2 chrono and I started with a 542g arrow. 288 fps first shot. I didn't believe it, so 2 arrows later and the chrono still read 288 fps

Hot damn

So I slapped another 50 grains on the front of the arrow and it dropped to 277 fps.. This bow is literally blowing my mind. My old bow setup was 73# shooting 505g arrows at 267 fps. So i picked up 10 fps and added another 90g of weight to my arrow... WTF.......!!!!???!!

I think i got more than I bargained for, which is a good thing