Testing KDC Tripod/Bipods- pushing the limits of ultralight

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep, sure do. Even take it along on hunts I don’t need binoculars to take pics:

FlyGuy

WKR
Yeah, I still carry my GP tripod and 50mm vortex way more often than my outdoorsmans med and Kowa 773. But I’m primarily hunting archery elk and glassing is not a huge priority, just occasional use. It’s perfect for that and I forget it’s in my pack.

You can’t cheat the mountain

tdhanses

WKR
Add an Outdoorsmans panner to the ball head and it really makes the GP a amazing lightweight setup.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Still using mine when I don’t need the big glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
Add an Outdoorsmans panner to the ball head and it really makes the GP a amazing lightweight setup.

Can you send a pic of how you have that configured? Is just a panner mounted below the ball head or above? Or a panner with quick release? Did you go back to the granite peak balance bar above, or just stay with outdoorsmans bino attachment?

tdhanses

WKR
Can you send a pic of how you have that configured? Is just a panner mounted below the ball head or above? Or a panner with quick release? Did you go back to the granite peak balance bar above, or just stay with outdoorsmans bino attachment?

I use the outdoorsmans qr adapters on everything so had to figure out how to get this to work. I had a panner (with quick release) I really didn’t need on my Slik Tripod so I used it. Just get a reducer from 3/8 to 1/4 and mount it on top of the ball head. Then you can lock the head in place and slowly pan without any effort. Also I didn’t have to get the KDC qr adapters and don’t have to switch them back and forth since now both tripod use the same adapter. Total weigh is just over 11oz.

81073F59-D2DA-467C-A196-6D8A886A2849.jpeg

Last edited:
I used 2 reducers and a 1/4-20 stud with the Outdoorsmans panner. I was able to use my KDC RRS shoe saving weight over the Outdoorsmans.

881b843e6db9da6c642d24fef0889a5c.jpg

FlyGuy

WKR
I used 2 reducers and a 1/4-20 stud with the Outdoorsmans panner. I was able to use my KDC RRS shoe saving weight over the Outdoorsmans.

881b843e6db9da6c642d24fef0889a5c.jpg

This is what I want to do, but I’m still confused on how you did that! I’m going to need you to draw me a picture!