Testing MTN OPS Yeti Pre-workout

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hi all,
I worked a deal with sponsor MTN OPS to supply me and one member with the 30 Serving Yeti Monster Pre-workout.

If you're not already working out 4-6 days per week at least 30 minutes per workout, then you're not the member we're looking for. I'd like to choose someone who's doing cross-training- so a mix of cardio, resistance.

I've worked in the fitness industry for 24 years and am bombarded by supplements. I'm a middle-of-the road guy on supplements- some work well, some don't, and some suck your money like a bad girlfriend. I'm no expert on them nor do I try to be. I just try them and if they work, great, if not, you couldn't give them to me.

When I shot the TAC at Big Sky last year, due to a late start on the course, I missed lunch. It was in the 80's and by the time I got to the MTN OPS booth around 2:00, I was dehydrated and starving. I drank several servings of Yeti to pass the time until I could hook up with my wife for an early dinner. Within about 20 minutes, I felt like I'd never skipped a meal and ended up shooting another course before dinner. That was my only experience with Yeti. I tried it again at the Expo this weekend and with the same results- more energy and didn't notice any crash. Of course I could be accused of bias because MTN OPS is a sponsor and is how I got this idea to recruit a member to see if results are the same.

So...
if you're interested AND working out 4-6 days per week for the next two weeks, AND along with me are willing to post your daily workouts (short version) and your daily results along with a few pics, AND you're not a flake who doesn't follow through, I'll have MTN OPS send you a canister ($40 value).

Research the product here- you're responsible to make sure you're healthy enough to do this test.
http://getmtnops.com/product/yeti/

In no way do you have to like this stuff and we expect you to share your real experiences. I want this totally transparent so please don't email me (other than if I need your shipping address), just post your thoughts on this thread. I want this thread to be as independent as possible.

I'd like to get this shipped in the next day or so. I've already started my testing but want to wait to start posting when the member has been selected.

Last edited:

Eagle

WKR
Robby, I'd be willing to test this out. I've never used a pre workout in any form, only supplements I've ever taken have been creatine and whey protein. My workout routine at the moment is 30 minute run on Sunday morning (usually cover 4.25-4.5 miles) with a basketball game in the evening, 15 minute run on Monday (usually cover 2.25 miles) followed by a bodyweight circuit for 20 minutes, Deadlift and Shoulder Press on Tuesday, Basketball on Wednesday, Back Squat and Bench Press on Thursday, Friday is the same workout as Monday, Time in the woods on Saturday.

Robby,
I would be interested as well. I run 4x a week (average 6 miles) with weight lifting (30-40 minute sessions) in between. I will have a 10k race I'm training for so my focus is mainly toward that end. However, I have followed the Train to Hunt program previously and use the workouts as a basis for weight training on the cross training days. I have also never used supplements of this type but I am interested in seeing some reviews for this.
Either way I look forward to the reviews of the products.

chops24

WKR
I'm interested, my main question is do you prefer someone who does not currently use Yeti?
my training right now is focused on a marathon next month in uniform with a 35lb ruck so I am doing a hybrid strong swift durable plan of long rucks/strength training. I do work out 6 days a week with some sheep hunting mixed in. also I don't do social media so if that's required, i'm out.

4ester

WKR
Robby,

I would be interested in this as well. I currently am working out 4 days a week, each session being roughly 1.5-2 hours long. I am currently at a plateau in my weight loss/muscle gain. I started my journey in November 2014 at 223#, and am currently at 175#. My workouts usually consist of weight training to start, and then finish with a good hour of cardio (running, biking, mixture of others).

Thanks for the offer. Great opportunity for someone.

Jimbob

WKR
Robby,

I would love to help you out with this. I am currently doing P90X3. I am 33 yrs old 6'1" 178 lbs, a school teacher and father of three. I do my workouts at about 8:00 pm when the kids go to bed. This is the only time that fits in my schedule but I am also pretty worn out and tired from my day. It would be a great test to see if the Yeti can get me going before the workout. Right Now I start the workout feeling tired then get energized once I get going but I feel I am missing a bit of the workout starting slow.

Thanks again for the offer.

elkyinzer

WKR
I would be willing to test it out. I have espoused a negative view of the supplement industry, but I would give it an objective try and be willing to throw some research in to boot.

My workout program is usually 5 days/week but I am a little more of the "good enough" variety than a strict routine.

Monday - chest, shoulders, core, legs. Lighter cardio usually jump rope, shuttle runs, etc.
Tuesday - usually rest day, light hike, walk the dog around the hood etc.
Weds - heavy back day, core, legs. Interval wind sprints.
Thurs - wild card day - pack training in season, sometimes bball, sometimes hit chest/shoulders again, kayaking in summer, really whatever
Friday - beer day
Saturday - woods! currently rabbit hunting, soon shed season then turkey
Sunday - Leg and core work and/or in the woods
This evolves by time of year. I get bored fast and try to mix in as much fun stuff as time allows. Now it's a lot more lifting, come July-August it's more cardio and a lot of pack training.

Robby,
I'll toss my name in the hat.
My workout regime is weights at the gym 3 days a week. Cardio through running or packing with weight.
I've got a couple of long shed hunting hikes I'd like to try it on.
I also work a second job as a tree cutter basically. Lift heavy saws and clean up for a residential tree company. I would be interested to see how yeti does with an early morning workout and then a full day at the office followed by a tree removal.
Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby,
I would be interested as well. I run 4x a week (average 6 miles) with weight lifting (30-40 minute sessions) in between. I will have a 10k race I'm training for so my focus is mainly toward that end. However, I have followed the Train to Hunt program previously and use the workouts as a basis for weight training on the cross training days. I have also never used supplements of this type but I am interested in seeing some reviews for this.
Either way I look forward to the reviews of the products.

When is your 10K?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested, my main question is do you prefer someone who does not currently use Yeti?
my training right now is focused on a marathon next month in uniform with a 35lb ruck so I am doing a hybrid strong swift durable plan of long rucks/strength training. I do work out 6 days a week with some sheep hunting mixed in. also I don't do social media so if that's required, i'm out.

Yes, sorry that wasn't clear- someone not already using Yeti. Another pre-workout is fine, but he/she'd have to drop it during this two weeks.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby,

I would love to help you out with this. I am currently doing P90X3. I am 33 yrs old 6'1" 178 lbs, a school teacher and father of three. I do my workouts at about 8:00 pm when the kids go to bed. This is the only time that fits in my schedule but I am also pretty worn out and tired from my day. It would be a great test to see if the Yeti can get me going before the workout. Right Now I start the workout feeling tired then get energized once I get going but I feel I am missing a bit of the workout starting slow.

Thanks again for the offer.

The Yeti taken late in the day like that might keep you from sleeping. It has 200 mg of caffeine so that would be like drinking a few cups of coffee before bed. Wouldn't want this to backfire on you. Your thoughts?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby,
I'll toss my name in the hat.
My workout regime is weights at the gym 3 days a week. Cardio through running or packing with weight.
I've got a couple of long shed hunting hikes I'd like to try it on.
I also work a second job as a tree cutter basically. Lift heavy saws and clean up for a residential tree company. I would be interested to see how yeti does with an early morning workout and then a full day at the office followed by a tree removal.
Thanks

Will you be doing any of the shed hunts or cutting trees in the next two weeks?

mt100gr.

WKR
Robby, count me in. I train to hunt mule deer in the mountains and have tailored my workouts accordingly. Admittedly, this is more of a "maintenance" time of year but 5 days a week is mandatory.

ChrisS

WKR
I'm interested in the results. I was using Optimum nutrition amino energy all summer and fall and switched to wilderness athlete. I preferred ON. I'm only doing 15 minutes aerobics/bodyweight exercises combined with 15 minutes rowing and 20 minutes walking.

I've been curious about Yeti.

timmy_ar

FNG
Im sure you have narrowed it down by now. I am interested to see who you pick and what they are currently taking and how this does compared to there's. I am currently taking B-Nox while working out 5-6 days a week and I absolutely love it. It is prob the best stuff that I have taken. So hopefully they share photos and plenty of info.

elkyinzer

WKR

This is freaking serious though, please document regardless. Purely impressive. I will live vacariously through this feat I would rather die than accomplish. edit: I just re-read that and I sounded like a total smartass. I didn't mean it that way, I am serious. I would die trying to accomplish that.

Last edited:
been curious on these products.... enduro or yeti? looks like yeti has creatine, enduro not.... are those the only differences between the two?