Testing new broadheads

This year I am going to try some new broadheads and have it narrowed down between the qad exodus, magnus stinger w/ bleeder blades, and VPA 3 blade. Anyone have any feedback on one versus the other, pros-cons? Thanks

The stinger are probably the loudest in flight. If legal I'd use the swept blade Exodus, easier to tune. No personal experience with the VPA, I think all 3 are good choices. Shouldn't be disappointed in any of them unless your hunting steel plates and cinder blocks.

OP
TheArdentOutdoorsman
The stinger are probably the loudest in flight. If legal I'd use the swept blade Exodus, easier to tune. No personal experience with the VPA, I think all 3 are good choices. Shouldn't be disappointed in any of them unless your hunting steel plates and cinder blocks.

Interesting. I wonder why the stingers are loud? Thats good to know!

Zac

WKR
All I would tell you is to go with the Swept version of the QAD if your state allows it.

the stinger is the weakest of the 3 (especially with bleeders) from there it's a toss up, both are bomb proof, the QAD will have a little sharper blades out of the box, and a little better edge retention, and they won't rust.

VPA is very strong, easy to sharpen, can pretty much use them until you lose them, it's tough to damage them.

i have done well with magnus heads in the past, but had one fold up on me a couple years ago on a stud bull, so they are out of the question for me now.... that split ferrule just isn't a strong design

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot all 3 but the stingers were a while ago when i was dabbling more heavily in the trad world. I remember them being sharp and as accurate as i could be.

I recently bought 9 VPA vented broadheads at auction on ebay for like $50 and have used QAD Full blade for a number of years. Personally, i don't find the VPA's as accurate as the QAD's (or Montec for that matter). I spun all of the VPA's i bought and they spun well, but did not fly as well as the QAD's. Those i shot out to 100 yards sighting in and they were wonderful.

I'm still trying to tune at least a couple arrows to shoot the VPA's because they do retain an edge quite well and i want to use that style of broadhead to see what they do to animals. My experience with QAD's has been that as soon as i pull the hide off, it looks like i shot the animal with a 308.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the exodus, however for some reason I can’t get them to fly with my field points but my wasp darts and iron will wides do.

Beendare

WKR
I shoot the straight 2 blade Buzzcuts and the 2 and 3 blade VPA's...but strong heads reliable heads.

I like that they go through the animals so much faster than other designs.....effortless...and thus very little animal reaction...until they fall over.

Hsprouls

FNG
I shoot the straight 2 blade Buzzcuts and the 2 and 3 blade VPA's...but strong heads reliable heads.

I like that they go through the animals so much faster than other designs.....effortless...and thus very little animal reaction...until they fall over.
Ranch fairy has a good sharpening video on youtube

Pramo

WKR
I'd go exodus for the ability to replace the blades and easy to purchase most anywhere. Only issue with them is they do have steeper angle blades so require a little more energy but never a problem for me.

Hsprouls

FNG
I'd go exodus for the ability to replace the blades and easy to purchase most anywhere. Only issue with them is they do have steeper angle blades so require a little more energy but never a problem for me.
Love the exodus broadheads