Testing of a Ruger Predator in 6.5 Creed with an SWFA 3-15

Nothing earth shattering, but a very interesting test of rifle, ammo, and scope tracking. I do know the guy who designed the target. If me shooting it and giving my thoughts is against the rules....go ahead and blitz it.

Target is shot at a level and plumb 100 yards. There are three aiming points on the bottom. The instruction have all the come ups calculated for each of the 15 scenarios. In Mil, MOA and IPHY. If I recall, the come ups for the grizzly target on the right of the photo were up 16.75 MOA and 14 MOA right. I was aiming at the 1" dot on the lower left of the target. I was pretty impressed with this combo overall.

This is a Poor Man's rig. Think the rifle was $450. Scope is SWFA 3-15ffp MOA in free SWFA rings. Gun does have a 3 port brake from Nathan or some dude online. Shot 143 ELD-X over 41.5 H4350. Spent zero time doing load development. But I shot one round at the left bullseye to confirm Zero. Ran the piss out of the turrets to the balls and back. And 18 rounds later, I put the last one on the middle bullseye. Those are 1" dots. So I am sticking a round within 1/2 MOA of DC.

Think this shows many things.....does your scope track worth a shit.....and should show you a very humbling representation of you and your set up's capability.......and can do it without a 1000 yard range.

65CreedPredator.jpg

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Can you share any info on where to get/print these targets? I'm fairly restricted to 100 yard ranges around work, this would make going there a lot more interesting.

Yooper

WKR
Thanks for the write up on the rifle and scope. I recently picked up a used Predator in 6.5 cm in a Magpul stock. Just waiting on the SWFA sale coming up and planning on picking up either the 3-9 or 3-15 like yours. I've got more access to limited distance ranges and this looks like a great way to spend some time working the optics. Thanks again!

BCD

WKR
Thanks for the write up on the rifle and scope. I recently picked up a used Predator in 6.5 cm in a Magpul stock. Just waiting on the SWFA sale coming up and planning on picking up either the 3-9 or 3-15 like yours. I've got more access to limited distance ranges and this looks like a great way to spend some time working the optics. Thanks again!

Do you know what day the SWFA sale is on?