Testing out sleeping bags....

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So for the last few years I've been testing out several sleeping bags and how they perform overall. When I started this I had no intentions of doing a large review on all of them, but as I started using some of the different models I found that the majority of them were optimistic in their temp ratings.
So after trying over 20 bags I and doing some extensive testing in the recent past, I've decided I will write up a review on the top 10 bags that I would suggest to others. These bags very from 600-900 fill goose down and synthetic as well.

These are the things I will discuss in the review

1)Quality
2)Price Point (bang for the buck)
3)warmth to weight ratio
4)Temp rating
5)Fit

Here are the bags I was planning on reviewing

Marmot Helium
Montbell Spiral Down Hugger
Kifaru Slik
Western Mountaineering Badger
Marmot Pinnacle
Big Agnes Zirkel
Big Agnes Mystic
Western Mountaineering Sycamore
Marmot Plasma

Let me know what others you may want in this review as well.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I vote Montbell UL Super Spiral Down Hugger. Super comfortable and true to their rating. But that's what I own so I don't want to buy another.

B

bearguide

can't wait to see your conclusions / those are a lot of great bags

Yukondog

WKR
The only higher quality bag I have used is the Mystic. I found that slushy water in the morning = cold night in bag. Looking for a true 15 degree bag that is roomy like the Mystic. In my search the Badger is the closest thing to the Mystic size wise. A little birdy told me this is my best option for a true temp bag that offers more room. Maybe there is another large cut bag out there someone knows about who could suggest a review of?

Seems my choices are limited.

My favorite bag is a Feathered Friend -40 degree bag. I'm curious if you've looked at the 20 degree bag they make?

bowinhand

WKR
How bout some bags in the 10-0* range for us cold sleepers. REI does some sort of standardized tests on sleeping bags but doesn't carry FF or WM bags.

vcb

WKR
Great list of bags...I have my own little colletion over the years...Looking forward to the review