Testing out the ATACR. First NF.

huntnful

WKR
Well I just pulled the trigger on an ATACR 7-35X56 Enhanced (SFP) MOAR-T.

I've been using a Leupold VX6-HD 4-24X52 for the last year. It's been a great scope and has never let me down. Literally had no reason for the change up other than curiosity. I really wanted to compare their two top tier optics to each other.

I decided on the ATACR over the NX8 after a ton of research. Obviously the extra 10oz was the big hang up. But I feel, If I'm going to see what nightforce is all about, I should really go with their best scope with no compromises other than the weight. But with the weight comes a better overall package also. Super curious to throw this on my gun and see how it compares to the leupold and if the extra 11oz (over the leupold) is a game changer or not.

I hunt A LOT and pack my rifle around A LOT. The ATACR would bring my gun up to 9lb11oz. But the added weight will of course manage the recoil just that much better and I would assume, bring with it even more rigidity. Which is also a big deal with a rifle that is constantly strapped to a pack or throw over a shoulder for miles upon miles, and honestly somewhat abused.

I'm really looking forward to comparing the two scopes!! Also, I just love to mess with gear and stuff, so that's always fun haha.