TETON sleeping products

Ab24

FNG
I was wondering if you guys have had any good or bad experiences with TETON camping gear. I was looking at their sleeping bags, pads, and tent. Just looking for what to info is out there from actual experience with it.

ianpadron

WKR
I've got a 0 degree XL bag from them for truck camping.

Nowhere near that warm, but it was cheap. It's been good down to 20 or so while cowboy camping, and makes a great bag for the back of the truck at trailheads.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
Ab24

Ab24

FNG
Same as above but it’s a +20 and going on 4 or 5 years.
awesome, I’m planning an OTC bow hunt in Colorado for next year and didn’t want to go all out and spend thousands on top of the line gear if I can buy cheaper stuff that works just fine. I can’t imagine it gets unbearably cold in elk bow season but I’ve been wrong before.

I have the +5 sleeping bag. Ive used it year round here in Colorado and can remember a few times getting cold - without a good pad. Then I finally bought a neoair xtherm pad last year and that really helped me stay warmer. You should be just fine but the big downside is its heavy and takes up a bunch of room in the pack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

xOttox

FNG
I've used their Polara 0+ bag and one of their camp pads on 2 trips this year. Both tips had night temps in the low to mid 30s and both trips I ended up sleeping in shorts and a t-shirt.

Size and weight might be an issue with the combo I have but where I hunt I'm lucky enough to be able to drive right up to camp site and make a decent base camp. If I had to pack in these pieces would stay home.

Both were bought for this season so can't speak to longevity but both pieces beat the heck out my old Coleman bag and doubled up foam mattress topper. Only time will tell how they hold up.

BluMtn

WKR
I run their -35 and their extra large pad. I sleep very well in very cold temps in a tent. Plus being a 90" I am not in the fetal position all night. They are heavy so it is nothing you are going to put on your back. I base camp so I don't worry about it.

nickstone

WKR
I have one of their xxl pads and an elk hunter bag. I have a few years on them and they seem pretty durable. They're both very comfortable if your truck is a few feet away from your camp.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Teton Altos-S 0 degree this year and was happy with it. Lowest temps I slept in it were 10 degrees and had my base layers on and was plenty warm. I am a fairly warm sleeper so that may play into my comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anozira

WKR
Its not sleeping gear but I used and abused their backpacks for several years before buying Kifaru. All of it held up better than I thought, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy Teton again. If their sleep gear is the same I don't think you will go wrong.

RCB

WKR
I bought a -35F Teton sleeping bag for truck camping. The thing is enormous, so not an option for backpacking. But very warm. Treated me well on late season elk hunts.

NEhunter

WKR
I bought a -35F Teton sleeping bag for truck camping. The thing is enormous, so not an option for backpacking. But very warm. Treated me well on late season elk hunts.

Hey, I’ve been looking at some of the Teton bags, especially the outfitter xxl for a truck bag. What would you say is a realistic bottom temp comfort rating on that bag?

RCB

WKR
Hey, I’ve been looking at some of the Teton bags, especially the outfitter xxl for a truck bag. What would you say is a realistic bottom temp comfort rating on that bag?

My bag is -35. The coldest I’ve slept in it is probably in the high teens, in a tent and on an inflatable pad meant for backpacking. I slept pretty comfortably with only boxers on. The bag is large so there were definitely cold spots wherever my body hadn’t been, which I’d feel if I shifted, but that’s pretty unavoidable. As for -35... I’d probably *survive* -35 in the bag if I had a bunch of layers on underneath and curled up into a ball, but it doesn’t sound like fun. Make sure you have something to cover the top of your head and face.

BluMtn

WKR

I have slept very comfortable in mine down to -15. And I had the zipper open a bit to vent. It will go colder if I had it zipped up. I like the room as it allows me to wonder in my bag without getting all twisted up. And the XXL pad on top of my extra large cot makes it a great way to get a good nights sleep. But I can say this also, you want to make sure that you have a heat source close to your bed in the morning because at -15 it is a big shock to your body to get out of a very cozy bed and get dressed in the cold. Just saying.

I have a Teton +20 sleeping bag. It's a good bag. Breathes good, fairly warm and actually pretty water resistant in my experience. It IS about 5 lbs and about the size of a 3 gallon bucket, so think about those specs if you plan to backpack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fishslap

WKR
I don’t remember the exact name but I have their xl cot and pad for my wall tent and love it. I sleep great on that thing. No quality issues with it.