Tetra Hearing for Elk

4dcfries

FNG
All, I bit the bullet (after losing out on a 350+ bull two years ago) and purchased a pair of the tetra hearing aides. I purchased the pair that don't act as a suppressor but amplify the sound. According to the web site they are designed for the elk hunt, as opposed to the turkey hunt pair. They do come with a 30 day money back guarantee and I won't hesitate to use that as they came in at $900. So far the fit is good and the sound is interesting if not very good. I will know more starting September 7th when I go in for Montana elk. At 65 with some crappy hearing loss from stupid stuff done when I was younger I just don't want to be surprised at not hearing an elk in the distance. Bad enough those giant things are like ghosts for visibility but to not hear them is just asking for a screw up. I will post a follow up in October when I get back..

I got my grandfather a set of walker’s game ears. One of the muff sets a couple years ago and he loves them. He is close to 80 now and now when him and his friends hunt they all have them.

They are good enough for a turkey blind or deer ladderstand. Plus it does provide hearing protection.

I’m sure the tetras will make you very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk97

WKR
I've had hearing aids for 20 years and I can tell you that if your hearing is bad enough to fork out $900 for generic hearing "helpers" you would probably be money ahead to go to Costco and get a hearing test and a pair of hearing aids specifically set up for your hearing loss. Just my two cents worth based on my experience. Good luck on your hunt!

BFR

WKR
I've had hearing aids for 20 years and I can tell you that if your hearing is bad enough to fork out $900 for generic hearing "helpers" you would probably be money ahead to go to Costco and get a hearing test and a pair of hearing aids specifically set up for your hearing loss. Just my two cents worth based on my experience. Good luck on your hunt!
Second this.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone I've talked to that has them, loves them. The owner of the company is a hearing doctor, is one of us, and is a super person, to boot.