Texan FNG from Southern California

Howdy y'all! Ray here from Southern California. Avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. I've been hunting most of my life and I've been blessed with opportunities to travel and hunt in different States successfully, but I haven't been so successful here in California (started last year). I'm hoping to connect with others from the same area, maybe help each other out, meet new folks and maybe learn something new.

OP
raybasster
I hunted D11, D13, D15 and D16 last year. This year I drew a D14, so I'm skipping D16.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
raybasster
Nice! D16 is definitely a good zone for deer. I didn't spend to much time hunting it last year because of the distance, but when I was scouting I spoked two nice bucks on separate occassions around Palomar Mountain...pm me and I'll tell whereabouts.

Matias

FNG
I hunted D11, D13, D15 and D16 last year. This year I drew a D14, so I'm skipping D16.

By chance you know what areas are legal and better to hunt in D15. Got a tag but FNG are tough to get ahold of

OP
raybasster
Download the onX hunt app and it will show you where you can hunt on D15 or any other zone. D15 is historically a tough zone to hunt, too much pressure drives the deer into canyons. But if you spend the time hiking and scouting you'll find them.

Matias

FNG
I have basemaps, has more hi res photos zoomed in. I live near the canyons in south oc but I can't seem to get a DFG guy to point me in a decent direction. The rangers don't have a clue

OP
raybasster
Find trails off the 74 and explore. The San Mateo Canyon Wilderness has lots of deer but the terrain is rough.

Matias

FNG
Find trails off the 74 and explore. The San Mateo Canyon Wilderness has lots of deer but the terrain is rough.

Planning on looking north of that area along the same range. There is private land, CNF, and also prohibited CNF area.