Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, gun lobby will push to arm children instead.

I’m all for responsible gun ownership, but I need license, registration and insurance to drive a Prius. I think we can do better on gun control while not infringing on 2A rights.

Extremists on both ends leave zero room for actionable compromise and reduced gun violence.

Wvroach

WKR
Maybe we should take a day to think of the fragility of life and the sorrow the families are going through before we go for each other's throats.

This makes my gut turn having a wife as a teacher and nieces in school. I can't imagine sending your kids to school to have their lives stripped away at the hands of a senseless murderer.

sndmn11

WKR
Our news radio in Denver reported that it was a police pursuit and confrontation that ended at the school, and the suspect then entered the school while running away.

If that is the case, I don't really know if this would fall into the typical school shooter profile.

gwtravis

Lil-Rokslider
Our news radio in Denver reported that it was a police pursuit and confrontation that ended at the school, and the suspect then entered the school while running away.

If that is the case, I don't really know if this would fall into the typical school shooter profile.
I’ve been told there was a planned “senior walk” at Uvalde HS that was cancelled due to a known threat from this pos kid.

There was a BOLO for the kid and it ended with a chase, a wreck, and somehow the kid then managed to get into the elementary school.

I doubt we’ll get many details because LE was on the kid before and during this shit show.

Last edited:
Nah, gun lobby will push to arm children instead.

I’m all for responsible gun ownership, but I need license, registration and insurance to drive a Prius. I think we can do better on gun control while not infringing on 2A rights.

Extremists on both ends leave zero room for actionable compromise and reduced gun violence.
Wait til the details come out, if it's a handgun it's already illegal for an 18 year old to carry it into a school. Not sure any "gun laws" make a difference when someone is planning to murder people, which happens to also already be illegal.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Period. For Centuries! So why do the shooters hit schools and churches? Because it is illegal for good guys to carry there. Bad deal all the way around. Prayers to the families having to endure this insanity and the loss of their precious children.

It'll be days before we know what really happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being something. Down here they're reporting the kid went to the local high school. That 90 corridor though there's DPS and police and border patrol chases every single day. Vehicles with 10 guys crash through fences and bail out on foot into the local ranches, literally daily.

It's horrifying! I have 3 little girls and everyday some kind of evil rears it's head. Can't even keep track of them anymore it's so common. Not sure there is a way to stop it either. No amount of "gun control" will help and mental illness in these kids seems incurable at this point.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we should take a day to think of the fragility of life and the sorrow the families are going through before we go for each other's throats.

Agreed.

Ya let’s make sure this thread doesn’t need locked.

Up to you all.

My heart is broken for those kids and their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why weren’t the doors locked on the school? There’s an armed man being chased by the police and local schools weren’t called to be on lockdown? All schools should be manned with an armed police officer. These kind of things can be avoided without stripping us of our rights. such a senseless tragedy.

Flyjunky

WKR
I agree, but our "commander in chief" is already using this to his agenda. The country takes it's cues from our president at times like this and he is just fanning flames.....disgusting.

By the way, no gun laws are going to stop things like this. Seems to me Chicago, New York, etc all have some pretty tough gun laws and yet, well, you know where that thought ends.

We can send 80 billion to Ukraine, yet we can't do anything to secure our children in schools?

More government will not fix this. As a society we've turned our backs on the nuclear family, personal responsibility, and religion. And traded them for phone screens, instant gratification and anti depressants. We're not ment to live like this and it's not sustainable.

And therein lies the root of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.