Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Really?
What exactly are you calling BS on? Common sense?

There's at least one less person to agree with you on that, law enforcement took him out this week.

So you're advocating for young people with disabilities, and broken families, to isolate themselves and shoot people on bloody video games, before they actually go out and do it? Because that's what he did.
WTF are you talking about? I can tell you when Tipper Gore went after Heavy Metal Music and mostly war / adventure movies it was proven that they had no effect on kids. Like I said before I can see video games especially the more realistic ones with VR headsets desensitizing kids to where they would possibly be indifferent to killing someone. This kid clearly had mental issues if he was cutting his face and saying he wanted to go into the marines so he could kill people.

sndmn11

WKR
You're not seriously comparing us to Ukraine currently being invaded by Russia (a literal war zone) and Afghanistan (literally run by a terrorist regime).

How about compare us to idk the G7 countries, countries in the NATO alliance, something remotely similar to us???

I'm asking if we are spoiled by generations of near certain safety.

The examples I brought up emphasize that life ends everyday in equally bad ways on a greater scale.

Why did Jesus tell the 72 to sell their cloak to purchase a sword?

🤔
Ok if we're gonna pick bible verses. . .

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

edit with a better one:
“Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword” (Matthew 26:52 ESV)

BjornF16

WKR
I can't wait to hear you explain how gun ownership is a right granted by God.
Depends upon your perspective I guess…

SCOTUS says:

"The people's right to bear arms, like the rights of assembly and petition, existed long before the Constitution, and is not "in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence." This ruling also upheld that all able bodied males are members of the militia (one of three such clear rulings).
U.S. v. Cruikshank, 1876 92 US 542, 553

In 1897 the Supreme Court ruled that the right to arms is an "ancient" and "fundamental" right, a right which was "inherited from our English ancestors" and has existed "from time Immemorial."
Robertson v. Baldwin, 1897 165 US 275

Declaration of Independence (Founding document from which courts including SCOTUS reference) says:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

BjornF16

WKR

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets
Ok, I’ll play

Matthew 5:29: If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Didn’t Jesus go into the Temple courtyard and turnover the tables in a violent manner?

Matthew 21:12-13 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changersand the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’

Reactions: WCB

BjornF16

WKR
We don’t compromise or negotiate in good faith on anything anymore. All or nothing.

Don’t be surprised when a grass roots movement battles the NRA and the pendulum swings way back the other way.
Lots of truth to this ^^^

Dems version of compromise anymore is their way or the highway.

I
Thankfully the Bill of Rights won’t

“Enjoying being difficult“ isn’t anything I’d be proud of…
I didn't say it would or even should.

But the idea that the constitution is unchangeable is incorrect. Shoot, the Bill of Rights took 25 years to get added.

Doesn't bother me at all to make people think about things a little bit differently.

BjornF16

WKR
edit with a better one:
“Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword” (Matthew 26:52 ESV)
How about Luke 11:21

“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

BjornF16

WKR
Shoot, the Bill of Rights took 25 years to get added.

Doesn't bother me at all to make people think about things a little bit differently.
Actually, not true.

The Bill of Rights was passed in the First Congress. Most of the states would not have ratified the Constitution without the guarantee of a Bill of Rights being included.

Regarding debate, I don’t see a healthy thought provoking discussion as being difficult. Maybe it’s just my age showing, but willfully being difficult has a very negative connotation.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Have you guys read the witness reports saying they begged cops to enter the building? The cops sat there for 40 minutes while he murdered all those children and did nothing apparently.

If this is true, I don’t even want to say it. What cowards. Any man that wouldnt run into the line of fire to save children are straight pathetic cowards.

*zap*

WKR
Have you guys read the witness reports saying they begged cops to enter the building? The cops sat there for 40 minutes while he murdered all those children and did nothing apparently.

If this is true, I don’t even want to say it. What cowards. Any man that wouldnt run into the line of fire to save children are straight pathetic cowards.
Absolutely...

Actually, not true.

The Bill of Rights was passed in the First Congress. Most of the states would not have ratified the Constitution without the guarantee of a Bill of Rights being included.

Regarding debate, I don’t see a healthy thought provoking discussion as being difficult. Maybe it’s just my age showing, but willfully being difficult has a very negative connotation.
It didn't have any impact or value until it was ratified.

There's one or two that have been passed but not ratified for decades. They mean absolutely nothing.

Flyjunky

WKR
We're talking about which tools should be accessible to those who have not been properly vetted. I would argue that a person is not vetted simply by virtue of turning 18.
Last I checked this is ‘merica and the “tools” don’t matter, it’s the person and intent which matter. This is my daughter, age 7, first time live firing a rifle. We spent time going over safety, line of fire, and the responsibilities and consequences of using a gun. Nobody but ME is going to “vet” my daughter, that’s my job. Btw, I know several kids under 18 who compete in 3 gun and I’ll guarantee they are better shooters than a lot who are commenting on this thread. My point being, don’t be someone who paints with such a broad brush. Family, values, responsibility, and the learning of consequences can go a long way to solving a lot of the shit we are dealing with in this country, not just this tragic event.

Last edited:
22 pages of debate on how to treat the symptoms and not much conversation about addressing the root cause.

We don't value our children enough. Our sons are lonely. They are growing up in fatherless homes. They don't know how to be men.

And we allow parents to neglect their children while abusing drugs and alcohol. While pop culture and media glorifies it all.

Changing the gun laws won't address why this 18yr old kid was so messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.