Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BjornF16

WKR
25 years ago here in Australia we had the Port Arthur massacre...30 odd people murdered, 25 injured. Our government banned semi auto rifles and shot guns soon after and tightened up gun ownership laws..despite a massive uproar from people like myself. I may be wrong but I don't think we've had a mass shooting since. My now 30 year old son, also a keen hunter, can't believe that we used to be able to walk in and buy a semi automatic high powered rifle off the shelf. A bit like his generation can't believe that everyone used to smoke cigarettes in restaurants, cabs, at sporting events etc. Wheras nowadays we find it totally unacceptable. Society changes eh.

We're not sheep

BjornF16

WKR
I'm over being compared to every other country that has nothing protecting the rights furthermore the same countries were willing to bend over and take it in the name of freedom and safety

Maybe if Australia still had legit gun rights, they wouldn't be herded into concentration camps

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Guns aren't going away, crazy people aren't going away. No laws or legislation will stop folks hell bent on murdering people.

If we have the money to send $58 Billion to Ukraine, we have the money to harden and secure our schools.

If we have money to build $100 Million dollar schools and football stadiums, we have the money to harden and secure our schools.

Teachers SHOULD be given the options to carry. Hell, after the Santa Fe shooting, several companies and organizations offered free training and free armory.

BjornF16

WKR
Some airline pilots choose to get the Air Marshall training so that they can carry on the job...

It is paid for out of pocket...and on own time.

Worth it IMO...

BjornF16

WKR
I had not seen that.
If true and accurate see my above to mentioned post. Granted they could’ve lost some time due to the barricaded door once they had him contained in the room. Hopefully soon an accurate and detailed timeline will be released, this one doesn’t sound good.

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said it was “within 40 minutes or so" from when Ramos opened fire on the school security officer and when the SWAT-like Border Patrol team shot him. Law enforcement officials later said it was unclear if the gunman and the security officer had fired on one another.

Edit: Same AP article as referenced earlier on NPR commie website...

big44a4

WKR
Guns aren't going away, crazy people aren't going away. No laws or legislation will stop folks hell bent on murdering people.

If we have the money to send $58 Billion to Ukraine, we have the money to harden and secure our schools.

If we have money to build $100 Million dollar schools and football stadiums, we have the money to harden and secure our schools.

Teachers SHOULD be given the options to carry. Hell, after the Santa Fe shooting, several companies and organizations offered free training and free armory.

I built a new high school 8 years ago that cost district $110 million before any change orders…

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
There have been over 200 people killed in Chicago already this year. Do you notice nobody in our government talks about that? No talk of gun bans because of all these killings. Why? Is it because Chicago is democrat run and already has stiff gun control measures?

Also, I believe the shooter in buffalo was sent to a psych facility last June and only kept there for 36 hours before being released.

Taking mental health seriously, teaching people to speak up if they notice someone’s social media is troubled, fortifying our schools with officers, getting back to values and respect for others would go a long way in this country…but more gun laws won’t do much of anything.
I searched for the information on Chicago's war zone stats just the other day, for 2021 there were 797 KILLED, Close to 3800 SHOOTINGS. NOTHING is said about that on the news as it doesn't fit the narrative.

BjornF16

WKR
More guns in Australia now than before Port Arthur massacre, just that we have tightened up our ownership laws. That article you posted on concentration camps is pure bullshit.

BjornF16

WKR
Here is what the former penal colony did for their gun laws:

Semi-automatic rifles and shotguns were prohibited, with a few exceptions, all firearms were required to be registered, a proof of reason would be required for all gun-licence applicants and gun purchases, with self-defence not considered a reason. Licenses would be reviewed, and ammunition sales were to be restricted to those licensed for the specific firearm. A national integrated registry was to be formed.

Status
Not open for further replies.