Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabenzeke

WKR
Yip, we’re treating symptoms of a major “heart” problem.

If anyone goes back in my criminal record, they’d be shocked at where I was headed at 16-19 years old. God changed my heart, and that’s what changed my behaviour. I’d never consider doing the things I was doing back then, and not because they are against the law, but against my fellow man. That’s what God n Jesus changed in me.
You aren't alone brother.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Arguing about restricting a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT that is ALREADY heavily restricted, if you understand "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON" to mean, should be restricted more, ON A HUNTING FORUM?, SERIOUSLY? Unfathomable in the early days of hunting forums after Al Gore, lol, invented the internet! Very Sorry, I'm around to see it. Can I live my remaining years in reverse starting in the 60s? Honestly, there's about 20 or so, when 25 years ago it was two or three, misguided, ignorant of our Country and its Constitution, foolish folks that run the rest of us hundreds around with their emotional based hand wringing. I believe a few are Contrarians, a few are trolls, and a few others are very moderate Democrates that hate anything Republican, others that think the answer to all political discussions is to always compromise, "Let’s split in the middle with what the Democrats want, because they will stop, or we will lose more and oddly. These '"folks" are still a minority, about 20 on this site. "Bless their hearts" in the derogatory sence is what I say. BRUH!!

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
It didn't have any impact or value until it was ratified.

There's one or two that have been passed but not ratified for decades. They mean absolutely nothing.
Bill of Rights ratified on December 15, 1791

Bill of Rights ratified on December 15, 1791

Sorry.

15 years.

Did the math wrong in my head. Still a decade and a half before they became part of the constitution.

sndmn11

WKR
Have you guys read the witness reports saying they begged cops to enter the building? The cops sat there for 40 minutes while he murdered all those children and did nothing apparently.

If this is true, I don’t even want to say it. What cowards. Any man that wouldnt run into the line of fire to save children are straight pathetic cowards.

That explains why CPB agents did the work.

I just had a timeline shared with me on another forum:
11:30 perp wrecks his car and is engaged by sro

11:32: perp makes way to school and is engaged by other officers

11:43: perp is shot dead.

I sure hope this timeline is more accurate than the 40+ minutes being quoted here.

Jimbob

WKR
I didn't read all the pages so maybe this was brought up, sorry.

Why does this happen in America more than in other countries? What are the differences in other countries that are keeping this from happening?

Canada is awfully close to America and our society is consuming a lot of the same media. What makes us different? Why don't we have the same problems that you do? (We got plenty of our own problems)

Is there a chance the founding fathers didn't make a perfect constitution and it needs updating? We wouldn't be taking medical advice from doctors in the 1700s right? I don't trust the present-day politicians that much though. I just don't like the argument "It's our right and always should be regardless of the consequences". I love arguments that explain why you should have the right and how it is GOOD for society not just good for you.

All honest questions.

The constitution is a framework for how the US govt works, and the Bill of Rights is a framework of how the govt can or can not act toward individuals. So the 2A is a very individual right, but the reason for it is to protect the US from being taken over by maintaining a well regulated militia (which as we have seen the Supreme Court considers every able bodied person in the US part of this militia). The founders had wisdom in this amendment and the concept has been upheld by supreme court so many times since it is still a very contemporary issue.

But to answer why the US has these issues, i think it is very multifaceted and stems mainly from a lack of value for life and a lack of strong adult mentoring in youth. The vast majority of these crimes are committed by young marginalized boys/men. There is a dark underground organization known as “incels” that have a strong presence/influence in this population and there are some serious mental health issues that have been hidden by society that are overwhelming the ability for society to continue to cover and these mental
Health issues are clearly a huge root of the problem.

I dont know the answers, but until we look at some of these root problems, i do know we will never solve the problem.

Billinsd

WKR
Why does this happen in America more than in other countries? What are the differences in other countries that are keeping this from happening?

Canada is awfully close to America and our society is consuming a lot of the same media. What makes us different? Why don't we have the same problems that you do? (We got plenty of our own problems)
Partly is Canada is a tiny podunk country without a navy, lol. Canada population is 38 million and US 350, we got ten times the population. You just have to deal with Quebec and the occasional annoying French that want to leave Canda, and your Awful leader! And some Indians on the reservations getting drunk and killing each other with firewood. Most of your blokes are British decent, most of the rest French and other Europeans. The US has become Emensly diverce and extremely chaotic and divided is a tiny tiny tiny part of it, LOL REAL LOUD!!
Is there a chance the founding fathers didn't make a perfect constitution and it needs updating? We wouldn't be taking medical advice from doctors in the 1700s right?[QUOTE/]Our Founders were inspired by God, they were extremely intelligent, and the Constitution can and has been amended. Can yours? Do you understand what I'm saying? Did you know our Constitution has been amended 27 times? Did you know our last Amendment was in 1992? Do you understand your own Constitution?
I don't trust the present-day politicians that much though. I just don't like the argument "It's our right and always should be regardless of the consequences". I love arguments that explain why you should have the right and how it is GOOD for society not just good for you.
Jibberish, what kind of incoherent argument is that my 13 year son would say? What kind of free schools do Canadians go to?
All honest questions.
I believe they are honest. That's the nicest thing I'll say though. Not only do I not want to have anything to do with your Awful free heathcare system, I think free education system stinks too. Keep it and BLESS YOUR HEART!!! I love this Southern saying when it's used like I did

Last edited:

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
How is it that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et al can create programming (i.e. their "fact checkers") in little or no time in order to censure free speech or try to impact an election when it comes to anything Anti-Covid, Trump, Biden's son, or pretty much anything that doesn't align with their political position. But the same social media platforms won't/can't create the same type of programming that constantly does critical searches for social media threats like most of these people do prior to going on a tirade. Most social media platforms are a cancer to society and throw fuel on the flame. They could be used for good if there was some form of programming that did critical searches for potential threats and notified local authorities. There's always warning signals with these people.

As for more gun laws, they're not going to help. They never do what people think they will. What makes a person think that someone who's willing to kill mass amounts of people is going to stop and not go through with it regardless of the tool of choice? So they can't get a gun, if they intend to kill in mass they will still find another way. Its not difficult to make a bomb or some other tool to kill in mass (9-11, Oklahoma City Bombing, Boston Marathon, etc).

Another 40 billion to corrupt Ukraine but the useless federal government won't do anything to protect kids in our schools. Instead the typical antigun agenda will be pushed. In case you haven't been paying attention, the federal government doesn't work for us, regardless of which way you lean.
I'm thankful that the school my kids go to in our small town close knit community has armed security.

Wvroach

WKR
Have you guys read the witness reports saying they begged cops to enter the building? The cops sat there for 40 minutes while he murdered all those children and did nothing apparently.

If this is true, I don’t even want to say it. What cowards. Any man that wouldnt run into the line of fire to save children are straight pathetic cowards.
While I'll agree they are. I wouldn't be so quick to assume alot of men aren't. Many people freeze in high stress situations. Like they had rigor mortis type of freezing.

Can be quite comical in some instances I can remember and deadly in others. Just stating my experience. Unless you've been there you don't know what you'll actually do. Training can help alleviate a lot of it but it still happens quite frequently.

Last edited:
I've read thru this whole thread over the last couple of hours and gotta say that I'm impressed with the quality of discussion.

With that said, here's my thoughts:

Our country was fought for with guns, won with guns, and ever since has been defended by guns. Guns, America, and the 2A are inextricably linked. All of our inalienable rights only exist because of guns (and men with the will to bear them).

America was settled by people who wanted freedom from the oppressive old world. Later our nation was founded by men who wished to further break ties with them and enjoy hard won "Dangerous freedom". Knowing all too well how governments devolve into tyranny, our founding fathers crafted a short document that was meant to establish every individual's freedoms/rights, while clearly restricting the federal gov't's power.

Since then, those in power --backed by old world wealth-- have done what all powerful people do: they've expended endless amounts of energy, money, and other resources towards gaining more power. The federal government has usurped the Constitution at every opportunity and grown far beyond what it was meant to be. The next big step is eventual disarmament, as discussed in UN Agenda 2030 and 2050.

Some of you talk about amending the Constitution like it's no big deal. You think it's out dated. You think that Ar15s are weapons of war and shouldn't be blindly protected under the 2A.

Well let me tell you, when the 2A was 'relevant' (by your standards), muskets and canons were "weapons of war" and were privately owned. Nowadays our military uses M16s, M4s, 249s, etc etc. Police have tanks, exploding drones, etc. Those are weapons of war. So how can you even think, let alone argue, that an AR15 is even in the same ballpark as modern weapons of war?

Furthermore, with all the gov't overreach and outright corruption since 9/11 and especially the last couple years, how can you trust them? Do you actually believe you are represented by your gov't and that they'll do right by us? Wake the hell up...

The reality is that our country is swimming in guns and no amount of legislation is gonna undo that. Buzz was wrong about some things but he was correct in saying that these mass shootings WILL continue and that the shooters will not be deterred. I dealt with insurgents in Iraq for 2 1/2 years and can tell you that terrorists will always go for soft targets and all you can do is kill them. You either sway them from becoming terrorists or kill them afterwards. That's it.

The truth is that the Western world has entitlement issues. The average person EXPECTS the gov't to figure everything out for them, the police to save them, for random people to respect them. When they don't get what they feel entitled to, they throw a fit, flee to Facebook to complain and recruit other babies to help 'cancel' whatever entity upset them. Nowadays they burn down buildings with the financial and public support of corporations and gov't.

Our society's moral decay stems from lack of personal responsibility. The power-hungry gov't conditioned us to surrender true freedoms in exchange for comfort. But the reality is that no one can protect you from all the evil out there. Ultimately you are responsible for your own safety.

The Ar15 is the best tool I own for defending myself and my family. I think most people would be well served by one as well. I'm glad that they're modular enough that I can build and upgrade them without the gov't being up my ass about it since the gov't is no longer trustworthy. I will never give mine up nor support restricting the rights of other people so that we can all have the illusion of safety. Even if it means that evil people might get ahold of ARs too and do evil things with them.

I have two school-aged children and so events like these terrify me. I am in favor of well trained school security and other countermeasures. It doesn't need to look or feel like prison either. Truth is, quality security measures and personnel blend right in with their environment.

Anyways, Im done blabbing. Sorry for the long-winded rant!

rodney482

WKR
im hearing the back door to the school was UNLOCKED.

Im hearing cops were slow to enter?

Rich M

WKR
im hearing the back door to the school was UNLOCKED.

Im hearing cops were slow to enter?
That's what I heard.

Dead policemen are no good - they need to know there is no-one sitting on the other side of the door waiting to kill them before they enter.

Same thing happened with the FL school shooting - police were told to hang tight.

It is similar to the confined space entry stuff - a person is useless if they run into an unknown condition and die.

Yoder

WKR
Nope. Too easy for an 18 year old.
Im fine w waiting periods and checks and bumping the age up to 21.

Same for military service… 21
I always get angry when they pass laws that limit rights if you are a legal adult. In PA you are an adult at 18, can buy a rifle but not alcohol or cigarettes. That is insane. I want one age for everything. Your either an adult or you're not. At 18 most people are idiots and many are still in High School. I think 20 would be a good compromise. I would even be good with 21. The military wouldn't like that. It would be harder to find dumb ass kids to join. I think this is a big problem with Student loans as well. You have a starry eyed idiot High School kids with dreams of being an "artist" wasting $150k on a degree that gets you $15/hr at Walmart. That is life ruining.

Yoder

WKR
That's what I heard.

Dead policemen are no good - they need to know there is no-one sitting on the other side of the door waiting to kill them before they enter.

Same thing happened with the FL school shooting - police were told to hang tight.

It is similar to the confined space entry stuff - a person is useless if they run into an unknown condition and die.
Everyone inside the building are unarmed children. If you don't immediately go inside, you are a useless coward. You have a gun, you are trained. Most shooters have no clue what they are doing or there would be 100 killed instead of 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.