Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't know what to think at this point. It's hard to believe there wasn't 1 or 2 LE guys out there that would have just thought f it I'm going in.

*zap*

WKR
To be fair, Uvalde is a little shit rundown town who's resources are heavily stretched due to the influx of illegals nearby so they may actually be that inept in training and resources.
4.1 million for pd budget in that little shit town. Great Facebook post with a picture of a dozen officer swat team all decked out in gear.

Training across the country changed after Columbine. It would have to be a pretty inept department to not be up to date with direct to threat training. Now, we don’t know all the facts, but one scenario that might change response is a hostage situation without active shooting. Might…. Like I said, I’ll reserve my final judgment until I see all the facts. Makes my stomach turn either way.
There are a lot of "inept" departments in small towns like Uvalde because if they ever get a good officer, they can't keep them at the wages those small towns are willing to pay. And small town city councils never think they need to equip their officers for situations like these because "nothing ever happens in our town."

And ScreamingP - Uvalde might be a little shit rundown town to you, but to a lot of people it's a nice little town that is safe from big city influences - for now - in an area a lot of people wish they lived. Uvalde is everytown USA and if we can't keep the kids safe there, we have no chance anywhere. Leave the "illegals" out of it. None of those kids deserved to die and none of their parents deserve to bury their kids.

Bobbyboe

WKR
There are a lot of "inept" departments in small towns like Uvalde because if they ever get a good officer, they can't keep them at the wages those small towns are willing to pay. And small town city councils never think they need to equip their officers for situations like these because "nothing ever happens in our town."

And ScreamingP - Uvalde might be a little shit rundown town to you, but to a lot of people it's a nice little town that is safe from big city influences - for now - in an area a lot of people wish they lived. Uvalde is everytown USA and if we can't keep the kids safe there, we have no chance anywhere. Leave the "illegals" out of it. None of those kids deserved to die and none of their parents deserve to bury their kids.
I agree, none of these kids and families deserved this. So sad.

To be fair, Uvalde is a little shit rundown town who's resources are heavily stretched due to the influx of illegals nearby so they may actually be that inept in training and resources.
Everyone’s idea of shit hole varies but it’s your typical STX town that has a lot more struggling going on with shrinking of oil gas over last year, current immigration and cartels. But doesn’t mean it’s doest have good people

Sounds like a lot of protocol was ignore or forgotten or not staffed up. It’s a very sad deal.

The out right lies on legislation that people are claiming enabled this is sickening. The grandstanding by politicians confirms their slug status and shows just how removed they are from humans

Cowbell

WKR
Back up...

I'm not the tuffie claiming, that while being shot at by an AR, I'd just bum rush the shooter and take him down.

It's easy to say what you'd do when you're in an easy chair at a desk pounding on a keyboard. Reality is, it's all tough talk, you don't know.

Little different when you're actually there...and Tyson has it 100% correct.
Says the biggest keyboard warrior in all the land....

4.1 million for pd budget in that little shit town. Great Facebook post with a picture of a dozen officer swat team all decked out in gear.
Oh I'm not making any excuses, but it's feasible that without the influx of illegals they'd have more time to train for domestic issues and more manpower not dealing with constant vehicle chases and foot chases daily.
Except it's not, I'm not some internet troll like you spouting off. I drive through Uvalde frequently, and way back my dad had an office there. There's plenty of good people sure, but the town has issues. Their LE is stretched from dealing with illegals, if you don't think that effects their ability to protect their community then you're a fool. It's laughable you assume a completely different point being made referencing illegals.

A lot of focus is on the LE response but I gotta say, I'm pretty hung up on the school's lack of preparedness. Maybe it's because I live in a town where the elementary, middle and high school added together doesn't even come close to the size of most city high schools. Makes me wonder if their security is up to par. It's mostly a quiet, rural town so it'd be easy to be complacent.

I helped conduct risk assessments for mosques and IP stations during my 2nd deployment. We'd look for vulnerabilities and then procure supplies (concertina wire, hesco baskets, etc) for them in exchange for intel. It was interesting work. I'm in no way, shape or form an expert on risk assessment but my limited experience shaped my thinking in ways that have stuck with me ever since.

Keeping students safe is the school's responsibility. While turning schools into fortresses is probably impractical, my experiences taught me that basic preventative measures go a long ways towards stopping shit heads from waltzing in and tearing shit up.

Maybe nothing could've prevented this demon from entering the school but I doubt it. Had he not been able to stroll right in, people might have had a chance to react. Maybe....

Anyways, those are my final thoughts on the matter. Good discussion, fellas!

Oh I'm not making any excuses, but it's feasible that without the influx of illegals they'd have more time to train for domestic issues and more manpower not dealing with constant vehicle chases and foot chases daily.

Except it's not, I'm not some internet troll like you spouting off. I drive through Uvalde frequently, and way back my dad had an office there. There's plenty of good people sure, but the town has issues. Their LE is stretched from dealing with illegals, if you don't think that effects their ability to protect their community then you're a fool. It's laughable you assume a completely different point being made referencing illegals.
What makes you think I don't drive through Uvalde frequently, or have friends there, or have coworkers there?

You "drive through there" and presume to know how much time their LE spends dealing with illegals. Mkay.

Only a troll would bring illegals into a conversation about elementary school kids being murdered.

I know you drive through there often, as I do as well at least 3-4 times a month. What you just said about resources stretched thin because of illegal alien issues is 100% correct. As it is this way with every little Texas town that is within 80-100 miles of the border. It’s not an excuse but it’s the real life situation that has been created since Jan 21, 2021. Sad you have people getting offended for saying this but can’t say I’m surprised.

Illegals started coming on Jan. 21, 2021? If you believe that, you need to limit the amount of Tucker Carlson in your life.

Anyone who has lived in S. Texas (as I have for over 20 years) can tell you that this is not a recent phenomenon.

They can also tell you that small towns like Uvalde don't pay sh*t for officers, and provide them with the minimum of training and support. So you get what you pay for. Make the starting pay at Uvalde PD enough to lure well-trained BP officers into the city force, and you'll see a whole new result.

Until then, just like public school teachers, these towns get exactly what they pay for. It's a friggin' self-fulfilling prophecy.

*zap*

WKR
I never drive in Texas and cannot see how any reasonable person would not believe that the illegal migrant crisis would effect all Texas law enforcement. Thanks, joe.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
To those people claiming that its all big talk until you are faced with the situation, I can tell you unequivocally that I would have been inside that school trying to stop the shooter. I'm always carrying and have multiple firearms in my truck at all times. I also have an axe and a shovel in my truck (you don't go off road in AZ without an axe and shovel if you're smart/experienced). Now, maybe I would have gotten shot and killed in the process of trying to stop him. So be it. I know where I'm going when I die, and I'm comfortable with that. If its my time, its my time.

I'd rather die trying to do something about the situation, than trying to live later on knowing I didn't do anything to help. I wouldn't be able to live with myself had I not tried. Frankly, if what is being reported is true about the LE, I don't know how many of them live with themselves now - and I don't say that meant as a threat. I'd bet they are having some serious mental struggles right now given how it played out.

Guaranteed I would have been trying in the very least. Might have ended badly, and I'm 100% ok with that. I've had a good life thus far. You can bet your ass I'd been inside fightin. Not because I think of myself as some badass of anything, but because simply its the necessary thing to do.

Illegals started coming on Jan. 21, 2021? If you believe that, you need to limit the amount of Tucker Carlson in your life.

Anyone who has lived in S. Texas (as I have for over 20 years) can tell you that this is not a recent phenomenon.

They can also tell you that small towns like Uvalde don't pay sh*t for officers, and provide them with the minimum of training and support. So you get what you pay for. Make the starting pay at Uvalde PD enough to lure well-trained BP officers into the city force, and you'll see a whole new result.

Until then, just like public school teachers, these towns get exactly what they pay for. It's a friggin' self-fulfilling prophecy.
We have ranched within 20 miles of the border for over 40 years on land we own. I’m fully aware of what the border crossing is like. It has never been what it is right now and over the last year and a half. I don’t watch tucker Carlson or news media for that matter.

One person makes a statement as to why resources are stretched thin, and why there may or may not have been a delay in time the police acted (which is something that affects every Texas border town) and it sets you off. This is about a despicable act by a despicable person, not about your feelings for illegal aliens.

To your comment about PD pay increasing to lure BP agents, well that would be tough as that is where most agents want to be stationed. Many of them go there to spend their last few years on the force before retirement. I would imagine most are done with LE and don’t want to then become a police officer.

To those people claiming that its all big talk until you are faced with the situation, I can tell you unequivocally that I would have been inside that school trying to stop the shooter. I'm always carrying and have multiple firearms in my truck at all times. I also have an axe and a shovel in my truck (you don't go off road in AZ without an axe and shovel if you're smart/experienced). Now, maybe I would have gotten shot and killed in the process of trying to stop him. So be it. I know where I'm going when I die, and I'm comfortable with that. If its my time, its my time.

I'd rather die trying to do something about the situation, than trying to live later on knowing I didn't do anything to help. I wouldn't be able to live with myself had I not tried. Frankly, if what is being reported is true about the LE, I don't know how many of them live with themselves now - and I don't say that meant as a threat. I'd bet they are having some serious mental struggles right now given how it played out.

Guaranteed I would have been trying in the very least. Might have ended badly, and I'm 100% ok with that. I've had a good life thus far. You can bet your ass I'd been inside fightin. Not because I think of myself as some badass of anything, but because simply its the necessary thing to do.
You still don't know because you haven't been in that situation.

We have ranched within 20 miles of the border for over 40 years on land we own. I’m fully aware of what the border crossing is like. It has never been what it is right now and over the last year and a half. I don’t watch tucker Carlson or news media for that matter.

One person makes a statement as to why resources are stretched thin, and why there may or may not have been a delay in time the police acted (which is something that affects every Texas border town) and it sets you off. This is about a despicable act by a despicable person, not about your feelings for illegal aliens.

To your comment about PD pay increasing to lure BP agents, well that would be tough as that is where most agents want to be stationed. Many of them go there to spend their last few years on the force before retirement. I would imagine most are done with LE and don’t want to then become a police officer.
Set's me off? You haven't read much of what I wrote then. I was making the same case, that the small town resources are stretched. Pay attention.

My point is that if small towns in these areas paid better, they could lure the well trained BP agents. Why should our kids get less protection than the border?

Uvalde, and every other small town, deserves exactly the police protection it is willing to pay for. Just like every parent deserves exactly the teachers they are willing to pay for. But in most cases, they get more than they pay for because there are people out there who care more about their kids than they do.

What makes you think I don't drive through Uvalde frequently, or have friends there, or have coworkers there?

You "drive through there" and presume to know how much time their LE spends dealing with illegals. Mkay.

Only a troll would bring illegals into a conversation about elementary school kids being murdered.
Well, do you? It's pretty obvious to anyone who knows the area that you're talking out of your ass but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Set's me off? You haven't read much of what I wrote then. I was making the same case, that the small town resources are stretched. Pay attention.

My point is that if small towns in these areas paid better, they could lure the well trained BP agents. Why should our kids get less protection than the border?

Uvalde, and every other small town, deserves exactly the police protection it is willing to pay for. Just like every parent deserves exactly the teachers they are willing to pay for. But in most cases, they get more than they pay for because there are people out there who care more about their kids than they do.
Maybe if the economy wasn't tanked from Bidinflation and sending billions overseas they could afford to up the budget. Or maybe the Feds can redirect some Ukraine funds to small town schools with struggling budgets. Nah can't have that gotta protect the politicians private money laundering grounds at all costs.

*zap*

WKR

There with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.