Texas to finish building the wall !!!

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
That must be a mess dealing with all those landowners and figuring out how where they want it along the river banks. I haven’t read up on it to understand how that’s done.

the costs would be astronomical
What are the costs of adding to the welfare state, the judicial and penal systems, and the citizens' loss of property and life? How does that compare to the costs of securing the border?

I think we need to get rid of the welfare incentive and legally accept more non-criminal immigrants, or get better border enforcement. Or both.

Squincher

WKR
What are the costs of adding to the welfare state, the judicial and penal systems, and the citizens' loss of property and life? How does that compare to the costs of securing the border?

I think we need to get rid of the welfare incentive and legally accept more non-criminal immigrants, or get better border enforcement. Or both.

Solve a problem and eliminate a hot button campaign issue? Are you new here?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Our immigration system, like all government programs is mired down in bureaucratic red tape. It's called job Security.

OP
slick trick

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
That must be a mess dealing with all those landowners and figuring out how where they want it along the river banks. I haven’t read up on it to understand how that’s done.
the landowners have no problem giving up that small strip of land to help the problem they have. All the trash- stolen and damaged property- the threat of life you have to deal with. Every landowner down there drives around strapped with as much guns and ammo they can carry. They know it's a problem and alot of the landowners take care of the problem -the old ways...you know the deal where you hang a dead coyote on the fence to keep the other yotes away- same principal.

CoStick

WKR

To arrest, house and run every person crossing the border through the judicial system? Sounds like we are getting off easy currently.

Our emigration system isn’t messed up at all but the individuals refusing to enforce our laws certainly are
The immigration system is absolutely messed up, we have friends from Australia with us the other day, I mentioned birth-rite citizenship. They had never heard of that and when I finished, they said you can't put a price on that, it would be worth millions to them.
Illegals come here because our government gives them an incentive to, free health care, free school for their kids whether they are born here or not. The kids get fed at school, they get snap (food stamps) housing allowances. This can be parlayed into a free college education for some.

The government subsidizes activities it wishes to encourage, they are absolutely encouraging illegals to come here. At this point all they have to do is make it to the border, they will be checked in and released into the US. Immigration is so bad right now they are flying them by the plane full to the middle of the US.

Right now there's a big sign that says America is open, come one, come all, start arresting them and making it to where they aren't just processed and released and they will start going through another state unfortunately.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
To arrest, house and run every person crossing the border through the judicial system? Sounds like we are getting off easy currently.
That's part of the red tape with the current system. The better system would ensure that any and all illegals (including children) would be processed and then "immediately" returned to Mexico. No detention or judicial system needed. We need more deterrents than incentives though from the start.......obviously.

However, Trump's policies of keeping and holding all those people in Mexico was a great first step toward fixing the problem. Putting Biden and other idiots in office was a great first step to bringing us right back onto the fast track to sending our nation off the cliff.