Texting Gloves

colonel00

WKR
I understand why some may laugh or poke fun but I honestly think it is a valid question and it will be around for a while. Face it, our phones and other touchscreen devices are constantly evolving and becoming more useful in the field. Maybe you aren't using it to send a text message but how many use their phone as their GPS or camera or E-book or digiscoping camera or music player or note pad or weather station. There are tons of valid reasons to use a touchscreen device in the field and when it is cold, I probably wouldn't want to have to take my gloves off all the time either.

Sent this note from my treestand using my stylus pen.

A three pack of stylus pens from walmart was much cheaper than gloves.

Sent this note from my treestand using my stylus pen.

A three pack of stylus pens from walmart was much cheaper than gloves.

That's a good idea. I hate gloves in general. I have some Dakine ski liner gloves that are designed for texting that aren't too bad. I usually use a hand muff to keep my hands warm rather than rely on a heavy glove. I thought about mittens that open up too. Cabela's I think makes a hand muff that has a clear window for this very reason of using your phone.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think I'll tell my wife that I need texting gloves and a Twittering muff for hunting. I wonder what kind of response I'll get.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Gotta be something. One splash could turn me into Jeremiah Johnson

I'm confused. I make a simple statement about telling my wife I need texting gloves for hunting, and you add "aftershave", and then Jeremiah Johnson?:confused: I'm not sure if you're lumping in aftershave with texting gloves as a needed hunting item, saying you're hardcore if you don't need texting gloves, or implying that you're not hardcore if you do need them????? But I think I can safely add texting gloves, twittering muff, hardcore aftershave, and Jeremiah Johnson to my Christmas list. Out of all those, I think Jeremiah Johnson would be the most likely that I'd find under the tree. However, a few years ago my kids did give me bacon-scented deodorant.:)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry guess I'm the one confused by your comments sure seemed underlying negative. There is a time and place for most things including gloves that can run a touch screen

OP
Brandon Pattison
Just like when JJ put down too many hot coals, "I saw it right off."

This thread was going to be controversial because the question in my first post is inversely proportional to jock cup size. lol

This flat lander runs into locals in CO while in deep and moving too fast and hears that we (Hawker and I) are nuts due to our route and/or effort.

Back here hunting is different. While in Rome... I prefer no signal but sometimes you have to get to your ambush spot hours prior to pulling back the string. I don't sit still well so keeping the neurons occupied helps. Putting down a book is loud when ole mossy swaggers into the range fan. Group texting is fun too, harassing your buds and seeing their kid's kills. Opening day rifle season is a huge tradition in MI and teenagers on up to 70-year-olds all text.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is a time and place for most things including gloves that can run a touch screen

Maybe that's what I need.......touchscreens never seem to work with just my fingers alone. Had a touchscreen phone for one day and took it back because it never responded to my touch. The Ipads are the same way. That's OK with me, I prefer buttons.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Maybe that's what I need.......touchscreens never seem to work with just my fingers alone. Had a touchscreen phone for one day and took it back because it never responded to my touch. The Ipads are the same way. That's OK with me, I prefer buttons.

I agree for GPSs. My iPhone works okay. By the way, texting gloves suck. Each letter takes two or three taps.