Thank You For The Ride: Awesome Elk Hunters From Mountain Home

I hope one these gentlemen see this post.

My daughter and I were hunting mule deer. Our access road was blocked. At the blockage there were quite a few people hanging out and chatting. My daughter and I grabbed our gear, walked past the road blockage sign, and hiked into some good deer country.

My fellow hunters noticed that evening, shortly after dark, that my truck was still at the road blockage sign and we had not returned. Which was a good thing for us because we were coming out heavy with her mule deer. They decided to get in their side-by-side and check some of the drainages for headlamps coming off the mountain. They found us. My daughter and I were concerned because of the creepy headlights stalking us, LOL, but once we got to the road I recognized the side-by-side from earlier in the day. They offered us a ride back to our truck.

There are still some really great people out there. Thank you to my hunting family for helping us out. My daughter's back and feet were really bothering her and saving her another 1.5 miles back to the truck made her day. Mine as well!!

I asked him what I owed him. He said, "Just a handshake."

Hats off my friends!!!

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
We had a similar experience. Killed a bull parked at one trailhead and brought out the first load on a different trail head. Two really nice guys let us throw our packs in their trailer and hauled us to our truck. Refused any compensation. We were blessed to come across good people out there.

Awsome , love hearing these stories. I noticed something on a muzzleoader hunt this year and a few others, seems like the average age of the hunters is up over 40 and also everyone I ran into was more than open about the hunt and what they had seen and where. Seems very different on rifle or archery hunts, mostly get the stink eye.

Turdle

FNG
Just seems to be the right thing to do. To many people bashing ORV crowd anyway. Good to see Good.

Jgill19

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, that's a good crew. I feel the majority of people are good, certainly there are exceptions. I was in Idaho and our crew after a long day was packing out off the back side of a ridge which put us about a 2 miles from the rig . One older guy (56), his boy, who was throwing up to dehydration and migraine earlier in the pack, had stayed back with the packs and meat while I looped around on the road to get the truck. It was 3 hours after nightfall. I bet 5-6 rigs drove by and not a single one stopped to see if I needed a ride or was ok. I was really surprised.

43.6N

FNG
The world needs more positivity like that!
Thank you for sharing.

Hells yes!! I’m glad to see not everyone out there is a douche canoe and there is still some who go the extra mile with a hand outstretched to a stranger thanks for the post man!!!