Thank you Roksliders ... and others.

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
First and foremost, thank you Roksliders... Sincerely from the bottow of my heart. Thank you for inspiring me, mentoring me, and kicking me in the ding dang on my journey to becoming a bow hunter. Thank you.

I didn't start hunting early in life like a lot of you. I haven't been doing this, but for 7 or 8 years now. Hunting saved my life, literally. After a hard on my body life (football, special forces, a divorce and custody battle with a bitter ex for 8 years...) I was at rock bottom. In the previous two years, I had had 2 faux heart attacks that had put me in the ER - all because of the stress I had endured and carried. For the first time in my life, I was so out of shape I could not even carry my own body weight without huffing and puffing. I had tried to take my youngest son backpacking and could barely make a mile and had to set up camp (I had carried very heavy rucks for miles for years).

To this day I thank god my brother coerced me to get an Elk tag and come out to Montana and hunt with him. He probably saved my life. I did so figuring I would rather die on a mountain chasing elk than on my couch rotting away. It was hell. We were not successful, but we saw a ton of elk - and it all inspired me to fix my life.

Hunting became the inspiration and format I chose to do that. And literally it has saved my life.

These days I am over a 100 lbs lighter, I can and have backpack hunted in the mountains of montana, and overall have my life back. I am in some of the best shape of my life - albeit I hurt from old injuries.

Yesterday was a pinnacle of hunting pursuit. I took my first anything ever with a bow. It had become my dream to be a bow hunter. It was a young buck deer (2 year old), but beggers can't be choosers.

Thank you for playing an active part in that. Thank you for providing me feedback and mentoring; for helping me get my bow mojo right, and for not letting me quit - even though a few of you suggested I should :)

There are many others to thank to... My brother... Steve Rinella (who's book after that first hunting season really inspired my pursuit)... my grand fathers (both were avid hunters and are part of my lineage).

Game on, hunt on...

Sled

WKR
Congratulations on the deer and getting back to a better life. Bow hunting really is a different feeling than rifle. For me, the rifle becomes a means to an end. Every animal I take with a bow has more memories wrapped up in it.

Bowhunting is more of a personal pursuit for most people including myself. Though just being out in the wilderness and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and reconnecting with nature is the greatest gift in hunting.

Simon85

FNG
i am from Germany and it's against the law to hunt with bow, crossbow, and even speer finishing it's very sad. Be lucky that u have that freedom in u country.

scp

Lil-Rokslider
You’re winning in life—you changed the course you were on and made things better. That takes tremendous inner strength and will, and a often a degree of courage that is tough to muster. Don’t look back...just make the absolute most of the precious days you have.

Graf228

FNG
I’ve been following your posts for weeks now, from peep hell to choosing your new bows to all the questions you’ve asked. I’ve been silently watching and absorbing the Information. You’re further along on your bow hunting journey and for that I want to thank YOU. For what it’s worth, you’ve inspired me to keep going through this overwhelmingly vast and endless journey. Congratulations on your success!