Thanks everyone

I just wanted to say thank you to all roksliders I don't post all the time due to I feel lack of knowledge to certain things that I don't feel comfortable posting because there's something's I don't know sh*+ about but everyone on hear seems to know something about something that Is helpful in way or another and very informative and I'm glad there's a place like this that is friendly and everyone has the same goals dreams and the desire to succeed in the field and loves the outdoors and I'm glad I've found this website that has the passion burning like i do for hunting. I'm fairly new to the backpacking world and ive been into it for the past year or and plan on making my first trip backpacking this year!!!!( Since mother nature had diff plans for me last year aka wildfires) Super pumped even though there will be tough times as in everything but hey I love the challenge!!! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on hear its well deserved to all here for making this a great forum and me spending more money (totally worth it :) ) and for creating an obsessive monster as my gf likes to call me she says its like your a 12 year old girl on Facebook with this website lol. But anyways thanks again to all ppl involved top notch site and forum

This just came to mind and I wanted everyone to know thanks again!!!
-Tony

blb078

WKR
I just wanted to say thank you to all roksliders I don't post all the time due to I feel lack of knowledge to certain things that I don't feel comfortable posting because there's something's I don't know sh*+ about but everyone on hear seems to know something about something that Is helpful in way or another and very informative and I'm glad there's a place like this that is friendly and everyone has the same goals dreams and the desire to succeed in the field and loves the outdoors and I'm glad I've found this website that has the passion burning like i do for hunting. I'm fairly new to the backpacking world and ive been into it for the past year or and plan on making my first trip backpacking this year!!!!( Since mother nature had diff plans for me last year aka wildfires) Super pumped even though there will be tough times as in everything but hey I love the challenge!!! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on hear its well deserved to all here for making this a great forum and me spending more money (totally worth it :) ) and for creating an obsessive monster as my gf likes to call me she says its like your a 12 year old girl on Facebook with this website lol. But anyways thanks again to all ppl involved top notch site and forum

This just came to mind and I wanted everyone to know thanks again!!!
-Tony

+1 to this, as far as not posting because you don't know something, don't let that stop you, I'm a complete newb to all this and I post newb stuff all the time or I look at old threads and bump them w/another newb question. That's a big plus I like about this site is even the newbest question you get an honest, quality answer instead of some smartass comment which is common on another site. By far the best site for info and the most mature community there is.

sk1

WKR
yeap....thanks for good advice and making me shell out more money for cool gear :D

community here rocks, this is the first forum ive made over 20 posts on, ever.

IAHNTR

WKR
I find this site very informative and I try and chime in when I have something meaningful to say. Even though a lot of my hunting is in my home state of Iowa, I am trying to build points and get out west in the near future. And, like all of us, I love hearing about all the cool gear that's out there. Cheers to you Roksliders!
PS - my wife gives me shit about being on this site all the time too :)

(like)lol...awesome site. I to like that you can ask any question and get either a respectable answer or nothing at all. Keep it up guys.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Rokslide really is THE place for serious backcountry hunters, no doubt about it.

But come on blb, there has to be room for some smartassedness. ;)

blb078

WKR
Rokslide really is THE place for serious backcountry hunters, no doubt about it.

But come on blb, there has to be room for some smartassedness. ;)

Of course there's always room. It's when you ask as question and all you get is dumb comments that makes it frustrating for a newb like me. Which doesn't seem to happen on this site, one of the reason's is the first site I go to when I have a question. Same can't be said for other sites that's for sure.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thanks Tony and everyone and a glad you like the community here.

I can say that it hasn't come about by accident. Ryan can attest we deal with more than a few trolls on a monthly basis! Most guys are pretty good once we warn them.

All in all, the community is a community because many of you are willing to help each other out. Thanks!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a lurker here for a long time kick myself for not joining earlier. I also enjoy less drama and more civil attitudes. Exchanging of ideas different from your own doesn't make it personal is just a different perspective.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, there are other sites out there with more members, but in reality it means a lot more chit to wade through and more trouble. I don't have time for any belittleing, downtalking, or rude people here....so they don't make it long if I see it :)

This is the best place for knowledgeable answers and info!

vcb

WKR
It's a cool forum. Lots of dudes with knowledge and not a lot of smartaxxes. I personally have learned a lot from fellow sliders