Thanks Rokslide...

Not sarcastically....but seriously...thanks to all of you. It makes me happy to be able to come on here and talk about hunting, optics, etc. We've all seen a lot of crap lately and it makes me appreciate how epic being an American is. I love the people in this country (most of the time), the freedoms we have, and the places we call home. I love to dork out on hunting and Rokslide helps me do it.

I have a three year old son and five year old daughter. The last week has been really hard for my wife and I as I have really struggled to explain a lot of what is going on to my kids. It also highlights a lot of anxiety that I have just about wanting my kids to be ok (long term after we're gone).

I appreciate you all and can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this summer and fall hunting seasons. Thanks to you all for putting a smile on my face a lot, especially on days where it can be harder to do so.

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Not sarcastically....but seriously...thanks to all of you. It makes me happy to be able to come on here and talk about hunting, optics, etc. We've all seen a lot of crap lately and it makes me appreciate how epic being an American is. I love the people in this country (most of the time), the freedoms we have, and the places we call home. I love to dork out on hunting and Rokslide helps me do it.

I have a three year old son and five year old daughter. The last week has been really hard for my wife and I as I have really struggled to explain a lot of what is going on to my kids. It also highlights a lot of anxiety that I have just about wanting my kids to be ok (long term after we're gone).

I appreciate you all and can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this summer and fall hunting seasons. Thanks to you all for putting a smile on my face a lot, especially on days where it can be harder to do so.

Good post, I havent been here long but seems like a great site and have spent a lot of time on it the last month. I feel ya on explaining it to the kids, we had to cancel our 4 year olds bday and shes just old enough to be pretty bummed out..

Moments of gratitude like this just flat out make me smile. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Right back atcha and cheers. Hope you and your family stay safe and healthy.

Luck10pt

FNG
805 You took the words out of my mouth.. Having a 3 yr old son myself It has opened our eyes on how precious time spent together really is. My fall will consist of my yearly Co bow hunt for elk and I can’t wait...! Rokslide is a place I visit to keep my spirits high so thank you all!!

Yeah man. I am new here and have been creeping through posts more than posting but I agree. This is an awesome forum and a good place to take a break everyday things.

Yeah man. I am new here and have been creeping through posts more than posting but I agree. This is an awesome forum and a good place to take a break everyday things.

Careful brother. You’re about to spend a lot of money lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider

The being able to dork out on hunting and people on here make this forum so great. I feel like most everyone I talk to on here id bbq or have a beer with. Hope you have a great season.

OFFHNTN

WKR

Agreed! Good post!

welch01

FNG
It's time for some good old fashion American Badassery!

We are still back to back World War Champs and we hopefully put Neil Armstrong on the moon and didn't fake it. Also, we are the best and most free thinkers in the world.

Figure your shit out quick, help your neighbors, repeat.

OP
It's time for some good old fashion American Badassery!

We are still back to back World War Champs and we hopefully put Neil Armstrong on the moon and didn't fake it. Also, we are the best and most free thinkers in the world.

Figure your shit out quick, help your neighbors, repeat.

Man this is outstanding. I completely agree. Best and brightest minds on the planet, back to back WW champs, and yes hopefully we put someone on the moon. This made me smile. If I lived near you I would buy you a whiskey. Have an outstanding day.

Well said buddy! This forum is by far one of my favorites and Yes has cost me quite a bit of money. Lots of great people and advice here also.
I too am looking forward to a great summer and fall season here in the 805 and hopefully out of state.

I for one am very grateful to have a freezer full of delicious meat and will share with friends,family and neighbors.

welch01

FNG
You got the ball rolling with this thread so thank you sir.

I’ve got a 6 year old daughter, 4 year old son, and an almost 2 year old boy.

Let’s make it happen on the whiskey some day. Seems like in one scenario we could all be out of jobs and have too much time on our hands. If it doesn’t get that bad, at least we will all have an opportunity to really think about how much time we want to spend at work.

Cheers!