Thanks Roksliders!

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
After a 10 year hiatus from raising kids I am again going on an archery elk hunt this fall. I want to thank you all for the numerous posts about the topic, along with recommendations on equipment, resources and techniques. A lot has changed in 10 years and my meadow sitting days are over. Thanks to those who recommended elk101 and ElkNut’s app, they were invaluable resources. Motivational posters like cnelk and numerous others. Most of all thanks to all you service members and veterans, the folks in blue who are also members here. I am humbled and indebted to you.
Regardless if I am successful, I am pumped about the chase and the experience. The ability to interact with the elk on their terms. To me this is one of most incredible celebrations of life and if I can give anything back, that’s what I would share with all of you. Enjoy the whole experience, from the potentially long car ride, to missed stalks and shots. After the frustration passes over, smile and laugh when you remember your blessed to be here to enjoy the moment. Good luck to all of you, I’m already calling it a success.

P.S. If you see a truck with WI license plates on the mountain, stop before you sawzall off the catalytic convertor or lay a deuce on the hood. I’ll have a cold one for you…

Last edited:

sick_lids

FNG
X2 from WI also, See a few guy from texas then the rest locals, everyone laughing at our accent....hayy dare

OP
lyingflatlander

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Paul, I’ve been watching your YouTube clips the last few nights. Great stuff. When are you going to start selling ElkNut hats and t-shirts? 😀