Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe

Hi, I was able to get a pretty good sized turkey for thanksgiving this year and i was looking for some good recipes on how to prepare it for the big day. Feel free to leave any recommendations on how i should prepare this bird! Also feel free to leave any other thanksgiving recipes!

Is this a bird you shot or a bird you bought? I love hunting and eating turkeys but I look forward to Thanksgiving and/or Christmas turkey dinner all year long and I buy a farm raised turkey for the holidays. There's just no comparison in tenderness or juiciness when it comes to oven roasting, but I haven't deep fried a wild turkey to compare.

Azone

WKR
Hi, I was able to get a pretty good sized turkey for thanksgiving this year and i was looking for some good recipes on how to prepare it for the big day. Feel free to leave any recommendations on how i should prepare this bird! Also feel free to leave any other thanksgiving recipes!
If your deep frying AVOID any ingredients with a lot sugar in them, ask me how I know lol.

OP
C
This is a big old gobbler I shot back in the spring, I spent a lot of hours plucking him and was hoping to prepare it at our shop and share it with all of the folks in the office in the warehouse. My options are roasting, Traeger, or frying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just cook 2 birds. I shot a bunch of turkeys in Ut. 2 of them were so nasty I threw them out, vowed to never hunt one again. I was told they tasted terrible, and they tasted great. I have to agree, some were better than store bought and some tasted exactly how they smelled while cleaning the fresh kill.
Just to be safe, have a back up plan, or pre cook a piece of it, you will know instantly.