The 10 year buck....

Wrench

WKR
Wife kids and I loaded up for a berry picking/elk scouting trip. We were cruising along and I see what I believe is a bull standing in the water. As I close in it just blows my mind....

I'm staring at a great framed mule deer buck with symmetrical stickers that go for ever. He stares at us and walks up the mountain like he owns the joint.

I told my family that seeing a deer like that in our area is a once a decade event for guys who put in a lot of time in the woods.

Ps, elk made no vocalizations but I heard a couple bulls tickling antlers right by our camp....that was awesome.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You know.........this thread is almost useless without.........ya, you guessed it.......pictures.

Back in the 80's my buddy and I were tooling around the mountains for a couple weeks in August. We're driving on this 4wd 2-track in the Willy's and we both see this out of place "bush" type thing on the horizon as we're driving up. We stop pull out the bino's and it's this massive buck. He was tall and he was wide and in full velvet. All we could see was the top of his head and rack on the horizon. He must have had 10+ points on each side. One of the top two bucks I've ever seen. And ya.......I don't have pics either.....LOL.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wrench

WKR
You know.........this thread is almost useless without.........ya, you guessed it.......pictures.

Back in the 80's my buddy and I were tooling around the mountains for a couple weeks in August. We're driving on this 4wd 2-track in the Willy's and we both see this out of place "bush" type thing on the horizon as we're driving up. We stop pull out the bino's and it's this massive buck. He was tall and he was wide and in full velvet. All we could see was the top of his head and rack on the horizon. He must have had 10+ points on each side. One of the top two bucks I've ever seen. And ya.......I don't have pics either.....LOL.
Trust me...I was the wheel man and I was pissed that no pics were popped.