The $50 fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatcamp

WKR
FYI

Dude asked to be deleted....

WTF. I have been on the internet for awhile and can honestly say that the whining about the classifieds here is the most petty thing I have ever encountered. For real, not sure if these are young people who demand immediate gratification or what, but it is unreal to me how this triggers people.

Ac338

WKR
His loss. Probably could've found several good deals if he'd just chill out and stick around.
Good deals aside the endless amount of knowledge you can get from some of the guys on here is worth the wait. Granted the first thing that brought me to Rokslide was a used exo pack, the information alone is what keeps me here, the awesome gear savings are a good bonus though.

tdhanses

WKR
Actually searching online to buy some binos and google led me to a post here. Guess that’s horrible of me to be looking to buy binos. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And why should we care? Not to sound rude but If you just want to buy something you adad zero value to the forum, not our problem really.

The Bull

FNG
These comments threads always blow my mind. While I Hope Ryan and Robbie make enough from the 50 fees to buys brand new trucks. In reality the idea that anyone would ever pay the fee is crazy. Is ten posts and a few days really too much to ask.

If you want to sell stuff for free, try craigslist and have fun with all of the crazy’s you will have to deal with. Or spend a few day on here talking about hunting, shooting, gear or hell even stock trading corona virus whatever and soon enough you were be a member of the community for FREE! Who knows, you may even learn something and find out you like the place.

Just boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What fee is he talking about? I’m new on here

What fee is he talking about? I’m new on here

someone can correct me if i am way off, but you have to have 10 posts and be a member for around a week or so to be able to buy/sell in classifieds. OR you can pay $50 to skip the 10 posts and probation period.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just in case anyone reads this comment wrong, the title of the thread was changed from "The $50 fee feels like extortion" with the first comment from the OP asking how does the $50 fee protect anyone?
You’d make a great mod. Thanks for clarifying this issue for those who still don’t understand how scammers work.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
These comments threads always blow my mind. While I Hope Ryan and Robbie make enough from the 50 fees to buys brand new trucks. In reality the idea that anyone would ever pay the fee is crazy. Is ten posts and a few days really too much to ask.

If you want to sell stuff for free, try craigslist and have fun with all of the crazy’s you will have to deal with. Or spend a few day on here talking about hunting, shooting, gear or hell even stock trading corona virus whatever and soon enough you were be a member of the community for FREE! Who knows, you may even learn something and find out you like the place.

Just boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man, so far there hasn’t been enough people pay the $50 to even buy a tire, let alone a truck. Ha ha Ha. I do know that I get far fewer PMs about people being scammed since Ryan and John set up these different levels of protection. So it must be working.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I try and remember to donate once a year anyways. I thank yall for making the forums free but there are a bunch of forums that require 25 bucks to use the advanced features such as PM and classifieds. Servers and time aint free. Just saying.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I try and remember to donate once a year anyways. I thank yall for making the forums free but there are a bunch of forums that require 25 bucks to use the advanced features such as PM and classifieds. Servers and time aint free. Just saying.
hey man, we appreciate the donations.

TheGDog

WKR
Uh... serious question... someone wanna fill the rest of us in on what is being spoken about in terms of this $50 fee that's being discussed here? It's been hinted at in the posts. I could possibly infer that it means if you just sign up and then immediately try to post something for sale... apparently they charge you a $50 fee?

But I didn't see it actually explicitly explained anywhere. Though admittedly in some parts I scrolled a bit, so it could have been in there and I just didn't see it? Is my inference correct here though? Sorry to bother with this question, just like knowing the rules I'm supposed to be following.

Status
Not open for further replies.