The age old broadhead delima

I changed my whole setup and need broadheads for September.
I don't have but two doe kills so I haven't build a preference on one head or another.

I did lose a bull last year with a Tuff head with a scapula hit. So I'm hesitant to try those again. Probably great heads but why chance it lol.

I tried Cut Throats and VPA two blades. They killed my deer. But dang I don't want to have to worry about coating them with something to prevent rust.

I tried Valkyrie Jagers last year and they seemed great but never killed with them. Kinda thinking about Blood Eagles...

Need something in the 200-250 gr range

I'd like to try Iron Wills but they are spendy

Ive heard great things about Woodsman heads. What's the difference between these in a 200 gr and a VPA three blade.

Also looking hard at Eclipse Werewolf's. I like the price, six heads for a hundo.

As a kid I remember going on Archery Talk (back in the early 2000's) and guys raving about Silverflames. How are these? I see Alaskan has them but I've heard these aren't the real German Kenetic. Is there really a difference? They're expensive but a little less than Iron Wills.

Too many options!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

aggieland

WKR
I have seen lot and lots of heads but the Helix from Strickland archery checks everything on my list. Especially the 200+ grain heads. Solid as heck and so dang sharp.you can not get them out of the thick plastic little zip lock bags they ship in with out cutting the bags. I doubt I ever use anything else.

aggieland

WKR
Their website may be better.

GregB

WKR
The difference between the Woodsman and VPA 3 blade is the VPA is non vented and harder. I'm running 200gr heds this year. So far I have VPA 3 blades, Ziwickey single bevel, and I'll probably get some Cutthroats as well.

Wrench

WKR
Sharpen any COC head and hit it with rifle bluing. If it takes blue....you're good. If not...it won't rust and you're good. Bluing is simply controlled rusting. Once it's blued....it won't rust.

You can also color sharpie onto the blade edge, worked fine for my Tusker Concorde 250gr single bevel. Hard to beat $24 a pack.

amp713

WKR
Last year I shot the northerns and they did good for me and are affordable so I'd check them out. This year with the recurve I'm going with my dad/grandpas old bear razor heads and some cutthroats

As a kid I remember going on Archery Talk (back in the early 2000's) and guys raving about Silverflames. How are these? I see Alaskan has them but I've heard these aren't the real German Kenetic. Is there really a difference?

I haven't used Silver Flames myself, but I do recall hearing the president of GrizzlyStik say in an interview that they didn't change the design of the broadhead when they acquired the Silver Flame name/manufacturing rights from German Kinetic.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I changed my whole setup and need broadheads for September.
I don't have but two doe kills so I haven't build a preference on one head or another.

I did lose a bull last year with a Tuff head with a scapula hit. So I'm hesitant to try those again. Probably great heads but why chance it lol.

I tried Cut Throats and VPA two blades. They killed my deer. But dang I don't want to have to worry about coating them with something to prevent rust.

I tried Valkyrie Jagers last year and they seemed great but never killed with them. Kinda thinking about Blood Eagles...

Need something in the 200-250 gr range

I'd like to try Iron Wills but they are spendy

Ive heard great things about Woodsman heads. What's the difference between these in a 200 gr and a VPA three blade.

Also looking hard at Eclipse Werewolf's. I like the price, six heads for a hundo.

As a kid I remember going on Archery Talk (back in the early 2000's) and guys raving about Silverflames. How are these? I see Alaskan has them but I've heard these aren't the real German Kenetic. Is there really a difference? They're expensive but a little less than Iron Wills.

Too many options!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No comparison between true German Kinetic heads and those Chinese imitations hustled by Alaska Bowhunting. Tuffhead wasn't the reason you lost that bull, shooting it in the shoulder was the reason. Not a single head you've mentioned out of a trad bow is gonna blow through a scapula on a mature bull. Build you up some Ace heads, or Zwickeys and go kill something. 6 pack for about $30. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk