The amount of

Button

WKR
Clothing in the classifieds blows me away.
Never encountered a market place with a swathe of men buying, selling, and trading clothes like women in a Kendra Scott frenzy.

This is not a post of malice.
But holy crap I’ve never seen men talk about clothes so much. I guess you need em in the cold climate?

OP
Button

Button

WKR
People slaving themselves to the almighty dollar..
Sad but true in so many walks of life.
Hell Kendra Scott jewelry isn’t even made of precious metals, it’s literally worthless.

ODB

WKR
It’s like walking into a thrift store adjacent to an affluent city. Those who have done it will know exactly what I mean.

Last edited:

Wags

WKR
I've used it for my boys a lot. Kids grow, they've outgrown everything I got them for last year. It's nice to be able to sell the things they've outgrown and buy good used stuff for them to use this year. Saves everyone money on things that will only get one year of use.

bsnedeker

WKR
Now for the real question; who the hell is Kendra Scott?
Yeah, kind of funny the guy calling out other guys for being like women regarding clothes can spout off about the materials and craftsmanship of some kind of jewelry maker...lol!

I don't think men being knowledgeable about the clothes they are buying is a new phenomenon by any means. My grandpa was very specific about the clothes he liked for doing chores around the farm....Carhartt or nothing! Of course he could have done his chores in cheap clothes but wearing quality stuff makes life better. Same thing with hunting clothes.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
You know deep down in your heart if you look and dress like the guys on T/V with their Sitka clothes, Kenatrek boots, Carbon fiber tripoded 15 X Vortex super binocs in a neck suitcase thing, A range finder dangling on you hip, some super fast deployable squiggly bipod rifle rest to hold your custom superlight weight fluted titanium bolt, blueprinted action , carbon fiber stocked, spiral fluted 5r rifled 375 Cheytac with custom depth finder projectiles that you'll be able to take down that 50 yard forked horn without a problem. Then you realize the T/V guy switched camo patterns so you have to start over, hence clothing sale.

Dirtbag

WKR
I'm also blown away, but I think its great. When it comes to clothing much of it is subjective in regards to fit, feel and need. It's cool knowing I can sell pieces I end up not using or get a good deal on something of quality.

The Classifieds is patch of pavement where the industry marketing meets the proverbial road. Have definitely bought stuff and sent it down the road in good condition after it didn't work for me.

Additionally, there aren't too many places to try on Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, etc. We take a risk when we buy.

Warmsy

WKR
I appreciate it quite a bit. I use to wear my Carhartt pants and work boots backpacking. Did that for years. I've gotten a few pieces of quality clothing and avoided spending money on others because of threads on here. Reading reviews is one thing, but getting nutty gritty about stuff that's not cheap is a great wealth of information. Like said above, the nearest place I can try on any of this stuff is hours away. You can buy online and try it out and it retains it's value.

CorbLand

WKR
If you look around, you can find clothing for pretty good prices. There is a store here that puts Sitka on sale 30% off on black Friday every year. I know a kid that buys it, wears it for a year then sells it for what he paid for it. Gets new clothes every year and doesnt cost him a penny.

What's truly concerning is when I open rokslide and see "the amount of meat dreams" as the top two threads!

Thought maybe I'd strayed into "rokslide after dark" or something. . . Just need the manscaping thread for the trifecta!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-111027.png
    Screenshot_20210809-111027.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 43