The benelli folks love to hate

I'm not sure that that I could bring myself to spend $3500 on an O/U with 24" barrels, or that progressive of look.

Then again, when I got a 687EELL in 20 gauge with 26" barrels, I never thought it would swing well enough for me and I'm to the point now upland hunting that the rest of my battery rarely leaves the safe.

I use a 24” barreled Franchi for clays now. Love the balance, and it pops orange birds just as well as anyone else‘s at the local club.

I don’t have one, but have fondled one a few times at the local shop. I thought it felt very much like my super vinci in regards to the balance and mounting. I’m not a shotgun expert by any means but before I bought the super vinci a few years ago I picked up as many shotguns as I could and that one felt right immediately to me. Looks goofy as can be, like a camo space gun, but I use it for upland, waterfowl, and turkeys and without an issue. I just really like it. When I picked up the 828u it felt very similar to me, probably the first o/u that I really liked the feel of. They definitely aren’t like a browning or beretta which I really want to like but never feel right to me. Probably a good idea to get your hands on one first in my opinion.

The gun shop down the road got a performance shop Ethos in and man that feels good to mount. Same feel as my Super Black Eagle 3, but a longer barrel. Aside from the M2 Tactical (sorry to say, I own this too) I have yet to meet a Benelli that didn’t mount well.

The weight reduction and she’ll extraction of this Performance Shop 828 is intriguing. Not to mention the price reduction vs. the Sport.

S.Clancy

WKR
Most people would be better served buying a Remington 870 and putting the extra $1400 into practice.....

Most people would be better served buying a Remington 870 and putting the extra $1400 into practice.....

I agree. It has been nice not being "most people" my entire life ;)

Back to Benelli... the more I think about this Performance Shop version the more I'm thinking it is leading the pack on my next 12 gauge purchase.

Eagle

WKR
Thanks for bringing up this o/u. I’ve been shooting sporting clays for the last year and finally ready to jump into buying a gun for it. These are really light, but intriguing as a gun I could use on the course and carry in the hills. Just wish I could find one to put some rounds through.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Bit of a bummer it doesn't come in 28 gauge or I'd be all over one.

Their recoil system does work well. I have a M2 and my farts hit me harder then that thing. Its almost too easy to shoot.

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve had my 828 20ga for two years. Taken ducks, dove, quail and a few pheasants with it. Shoots great and no complaints on the fit/ function. I have been thinking about grabbing the 12ga BEST version for ducks and even turkey.

In comparison I have a 20ga Ultralight and I feel more accurate with the 828 even though they are nearly identical in weight.