The best camera for hunting, lowest price ever.Olympus E-M5 Mark 3 kit

Koby_Paul

FNG
The Olympus E-M5 Mark III with the Olympus 14-150mm lens, normally is $1799.99. There is a $600 instant savings to $1199.99 and then we make the $1099.99 for forum members

There is no better crop sensor system then the Olympus for the hunter, camper and birder. The E-M5 Mark3 and the supplied lens, the 14-150mm (24-300mm on full frame sensor) are weatherproof, preform great in low temperatures, has the fastest focusing system in its class In addition it has, by far, the best 5 axis image stabilization system on the market. This is the best camera on the market for the dollar.

Here are the key features of this awesome camera

20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor

DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and OM-Log

121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detection AF

5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization

Body Design and Connectivity
High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and it offers a 0.67x maximum magnification for clear, distortion-free viewing.
Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and it is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, a Live View Boost mode can be used to optimize the screen's brightness and prioritize the frame rate when working in dark locations.
Included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to provide approximately 310 shots per charge .
In-camera battery charging is supported via the micro-USB port.
Single SD memory card slot is UHS-II compatible for fast read/write speeds.
Wide accessory compatibility provided with the incorporation of a microphone port, a top hot shoe, micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remotes.
Rugged splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the body design to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
Supersonic Wave Filter and a dust-resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the likelihood of dust reaching the sensor.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated O.I.Share app for iOS and Android.

Shooting Modes
High Res Shot mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP JPEG image or 80MP raw image by combining eight sequentially recorded frames into a single, larger image. In between each of the exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final image with greater resolution and color detail. TruePic VIII processing aids this shooting function by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
Pro Capture Mode is a unique setting that starts recording and buffering full-resolution JPEG or raw images prior to fully depressing the shutter. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, frames will begin to be recorded, and once you fully press the shutter, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 35 frames. Additionally, you can hold the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
Anti-flicker shooting automatically detects the frequency/flicker of artificial lighting and activates the shutter at peak brightness moments to render exposures with consistent exposure and color.
In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, 300mm f/4 IS PRO, and 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO lenses.
Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view. Similarly, Fisheye Compensation allows you to use the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO lens as a rectilinear wide-angle lens by correcting and eliminating distortion.

Feel free to call me at 516-217-1000 with any questions or to order this. This price is NOT on our website. It is for forum members only

Thanks
Joel
I have this camera great camera !

I’m looking for real world comparisons between the Mii and Miii...
I have the Mii, along with the auxiliary grips and battery pack, and am curious if the upgrade is worth it at this time? Do the accessories for the Mii work with the Miii, or would I have to do without? I mainly use the camera while guiding for sheep, so weight is a concern.

OP
C
Both are excellent cameras
The 3 has a better sensor. 20.4MP vs 16MP. The IBIS on the 3 adds an extra .5 stop of effectiveness. The 3 has a newer processor, the True Pic 8 vs the 7 in the 2. Better low light performance and also has the 121 point all cross phase detection AF. Means it focuses much faster.
The 3 uses the BLS-50 battery, different then the 2 and longer lasting. Also different grip due to different battery.
The 2 weighs 14.4 ounces the 3 weighs 14.6, insignificant for the upgrades you get.

Feel free to call me at the store tomorrow. We are closed today.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas

Joel
516-217-1000

Scoot

WKR
I got this camera and worked with Joel to get it. He took great care of me, gave me a killer deal, and I'm really happy with the camera so far.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Olympus glass is FAR superior. Panasonic has miniscule market share, Olympus, last month grew to #3 in the USA behind Canon and Sony for mirrorless cameras
Panasonic has a license agreement with Leica to use their name on some lenses, shame they didn't get the Leica glass instead of the name. Real Leica lenses are THOUSANDS of dollars

The Olympus focuses much faster and has the best 5 axis image stabilization of any brand.

We will be announcing a wildlife and birding online class within the week that will be no charge to log into and anyone that logs in will get a code good for 48 hours that will get you 10% off on any Olympus cameras and lenses on our site for 48 hours after the event. All the details and registration details will be posted
Any chance this was recorded and available to view?

OP
C
There were technical issues and it was not recorded. That was a birding class. We are working on a wilderness class for late February with Olympus