The Best Treestand Hauling Pack (Sort of)

brownbear

FNG
LW Alpha Packed.jpgLone Wolf Alpha Harness.jpg

Since I've been reading posts and questions about which pack to use to carry a treestand, I figured I would share how I make it happen. This is an idea that I did not develop myself, but came across from much online reading, and cannot recall the exact source, but am passing along that info.

This is a Lone Wolf Alpha stand, with a MOLLE harness and hip belt that I purchased on Ebay for under $20. I only cut one buckle off it and it attached very well. The stand now acts as the frame and I simply lash my treestand pack (Badlands Reactor) on one side of the attached climbing sticks and my duffle bag filled with clothing on the other (size varies depending on the time of year). I use orange bungee cords crisscrossed to hold the packs in place. I am careful to have the cords run under the packs so they rest on them, and they are tight enough to keep them from shifting. I have yet to drop a bag with this solution, but can imagine that if they begin to overstretch, it will be time to replace with new cords. I have been running this for sometime now and am extremely satisfied with this configuration. The harness does hang down when attached to the tree, but it doesn't seem to affect my wildlife interactions any more than my 6 foot 220 lb body in a tree.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I do similar. It’s nice because i can utilize the load lifters on the shoulder straps. I lay my stick on their side and hang my pack off one of the steps so I can get it as low profile as I can. Works very well for me.
713b2abd9863761ad04c45c75ee7965e.jpg

Next year my plan is to get some stick talons so the sticks are on the outside and my pack can ride flush on the stand. I ordered some Rok straps that I will just leave attached to the stand to strap the bag down. I get irritated with the bungies right now putting them in and out of my pack. I am also going to be using an AGC bino harness to carry my other gear and try to eliminate my pack all together in the early season and use a dry bag to carry additional clothing in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

brownbear

FNG
Very cool setup. I see you have your seat situated at the top, rather than hanging down. Do the bungees keep it from "falling away"? Nothing has allowed me to see more deer than the LW Alpha. It is my best hunting purchase to date!

cvsetter

FNG
I bought a used exo 3500 for my first elk hunt this September and it does a great job hauling stands.my xop hang on between the frame and bag and four sticks on the outside of the bag with the compression straps makes for easy packing.i don't even use my bad lands pack anymore,my exo pack comes in handy for a eastern bowhunter in the mountains of pa.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool setup. I see you have your seat situated at the top, rather than hanging down. Do the bungees keep it from "falling away"? Nothing has allowed me to see more deer than the LW Alpha. It is my best hunting purchase to date!

I haven’t had any issues with the seat falling down as the bolt is tight enough. I just didn’t like the teeth in the V that close to my head. This also lets me sit the stand down on the V part and not on the seat.

Gumbo

WKR
A Mystery Ranch Crew Cab works absolutely great for hauling my hang-on stands.

PennDude

FNG
I added a Molle frame to my Summit Viper treestand. It works well and is super comfortable. I'll lash a pack to the frame of the treestand to carry anything else I need.

ljkANCt.jpg

Hall256

WKR
I used my Reckoning to haul a Lone Wolf stand several miles...while probably not ideal, it did the trick. Basically used the Guide lid to keep it strapped down.
cfd7591e4aec5a8d37b68f896ffb3890.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I used my Reckoning to haul a Lone Wolf stand several miles...while probably not ideal, it did the trick. Basically used the Guide lid to keep it strapped down.
cfd7591e4aec5a8d37b68f896ffb3890.jpg

Add a grab it and you’re gold. Mine on my woodsman.
96bf30c246fc98085bc648009b8cd36a.jpg

Hall256

WKR
Add a grab it and you’re gold. Mine on my woodsman.
96bf30c246fc98085bc648009b8cd36a.jpg

You know I have been on the fence about picking up a Grab-it...after seeing that you may have just sold me on the idea. That looks a lot more stable then how I rigged it on my pack.

Shaun

You know I have been on the fence about picking up a Grab-it...after seeing that you may have just sold me on the idea. That looks a lot more stable then how I rigged it on my pack.

Shaun

I had just got it and man it made a world of difference. Won’t go without it from now on.

OP
B

brownbear

FNG
The Grab-It is awesome. Don't hesitate to purchase one. It's worth the $40 they charge.

ethan

WKR
In the past I’ve always used my Kifaru duplex and lad shelf, but I was just thinking a cousin one days ago about using my late season and a grab it.

I have currently fix the the problem for carry and still be able to pack enough for full day sits. I have an exo 3500 and bought the hh 1500 to replace the bag for whitetail setup, I should take more set up pics because of how easy my lone wolf and sticks attach. And I kept my lid on for easy access to call or things well hanging in tree next to me.
71bd81b4956c133dd3a3aa95308f0778.jpg
c8eee1ea976cd704379ea93ddb90879f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
That was one of my thoughts to do as well but they are discontinuing the HH until 2019. I also thought that a HH plus crib and lid would be awesome for turkeys as well.

That was one of my thoughts to do as well but they are discontinuing the HH until 2019. I also thought that a HH plus crib and lid would be awesome for turkeys as well.

I emailed them and they do have a few left in stock as of 2 weeks ago in cb and ranger.

Squirrels

WKR
I am using an Exo currently with a 2000 bag. I have found that strapping the stand on last (bag sandwiched between frame and stand) has worked best for me. I'm going to work on a different bag setup this offseason. I've made some winged bags before, I am thinking that route or even some sort of modified cargo panel type thing. I want something that has a bag more suited for treestand hunting in terms of things being able to get to easily and without much noise.

I emailed them and they do have a few left in stock as of 2 weeks ago in cb and ranger.

Just checked website and there are ranger green in stock in there store under accessories... $150

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I’ve seen Sean’s videos and agree he has some good tips. Plenty of info on mobile set ups on YouTube. I’m not uncomfortable with my Molle set up. My goal is just always being quieter and more efficient. I don’t mind extra weight if I can accomplish those goals.