The Birch Bull

Snyd

WKR
This is the first (and biggest) Bull I ever shot. 50 incher, nice big palms, kind of cupped in or would have been wider. Got him back in 1993 with my ol Hunting Buddy from MT when we moved here to AK. It was a special hunt. We got this guy and a 60 incher on the same hunt. Smaller palms but the rack was kind of flattened out so he was wider.

I've had the antlers covered up and stored behind the shed all these years. Well, awhile back during the covid response freakout the wifey insisted we repaint the living room and get rid of most of the stuff hanging on the walls. She thought they were too cluttered. But, she gave me my own wall to do with it what I want! So I put a different ram euro mount up, my 14lb Bull Trout from MT and the civil war musket. I decided to put the grizz rug upstairs on the banister and replace it with the moose rack. I didn't want the run of the mill plaque mount so I got a hunk of rough cut 2x12, cut some off, built up the face, found a large downed Birch tree, got the bark and wrapped it so it looks like the rack is hanging on a Birch tree. It turned out pretty good! Not bad for a "first time amateur job" ! Plus, the wifey likes it!! a lot!!

0-A303629-80-C1-4-DDC-9-EF9-FA5-A81-BE45-F5.jpg

17-BA85-C1-7103-46-ED-B4-D4-65-B66579-B6-C6.jpg

88261-A72-2-A18-4-ED2-ABD0-3282-EA54-CD03.jpg