The Crucial Blaze Beanie

woods89

WKR
I have a 3rd season hunt coming up this year and I'd like a better beanie. You may laugh, but I have found hats to be a fairly important piece of gear. Here are my parameters.

-Not too thick, as I will have a couple hoods and a merino buff to supplement it. I also sweat a lot so too warm of hat while I'm hiking is a problem. It will also be replaced with a ball cap if it gets warm.

-Needs to not stink too bad with multi day use.

-Needs to be long enough to cover my ears.

-Must be blaze orange.

-Can be a non hunting brand if the shade of orange is close enough to blaze.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I use the minus 33 merino hat in blaze orange. Like it because the merino regulates temps better for me when on the move and never stinks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WRM

WKR
CountyComm warrior. Super cheap but surprisingly good. I have several in all colors.

H80Hunter

WKR
The stratus beanie is also nice. I find fleece hats less itchy than some of the merino hats.

Lowg08

WKR
I use the brim beanie first lite.

Attachments

• B123A138-9DCC-4DF7-A63C-4495ED22E64E.png
    B123A138-9DCC-4DF7-A63C-4495ED22E64E.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 53

Pn8hall

WKR
I have been really happy with a carhart 2 n 1 hat. Has a pull down face mask inside that I almost cut out but then i used it and its awesome. The ear flaps are great also

Agross

WKR
I have the brimmed beanie, the tag cuff beanie, and the minus 33 beanie. I thought I would like the brimmed beanie more, but honestly not a big fan of some reason. The minus 33 is a thinner hat that I would say would be better if your on the move. It was honestly thinner than I thought it was going to be when I got it, but still serves a purpose. The tag cuff is a little thicker and warmer , maybe better for when your not so mobile, but still not thick like the stocking hats we grew up wearing. I wear it the most, hunting here in Michigan and really like this hat.

I have a giant fat head which makes some of the high speed options made for you peanut headed people unavailable to me. I looked hard for a good blaze beanie. After searching around, I landed on carHartt. it is good quality, fairly cheap and long/it enough to cover my ears and to wear over a ball cap if I want to have a brim. FWIW once I bought this, my other beanies got replaced with other carhartts too.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also a fan of the brimmed first lite beanie. Thin but warm and stays in place pretty well on my big old fat noggin.

sndmn11

WKR
I just got a first lite kiln beanie, and didn't realize they all are reversible into blaze. Other than that, I have a few tag cuff beanies and some polyester thin neck gaiter thing from Amazon that I hear on a ball cap or just by itself

Poser

WKR
I have a Black Rock down beanie in blaze orange that is pretty awesome with a bunch of small baffles.

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
CountyComm warrior. Super cheap but surprisingly good. I have several in all colors.

Just to follow up, for $7 this is a no brainer. I got one in blaze and just ordered another in gray for times when I don't need orange. Thin enough to fit under another hat, and great for those transition temps where you need a little more than a ball cap. Also will be great for hiking in cold temps where a really warm hat is too much.
I also purchased the First Lite brimmed beanie, but haven't used it much yet.