The Definitive Late-Season Colorado Rifle Glove?

SonnyDay

WKR
Sometimes you come to know a pair of cold-weather gloves that damn near does it all.

They are on your hands for most of the trip. They make those other gloves you packed feel left out.

Ever run into a pair of winter gloves like that?

Lighter weight is nice... but performance trumps all.

Ideas appreciated!

Superdoo

WKR
Ha! I’ve been asking this too! Except I’m in ND and our deer rifle season can either bet 75 and sunny or 5 degrees with a 15 degree wind chill!

my best glove is the Cabellas cami skinz but they don’t make them anymore!

brsnow

WKR
I used Skre gloves 4th season, they allow you to keep them on and still function. When it is really cold I put my hands in my pockets, but when moving around they were great in all temps I was in.

brsnow

WKR
The Deadfall Gloves?

Thanks!
Yes, they are not robust cold weather gloves, but do good enough while allowing you to work your rifle/binos. I still needed to put my hands into my coat pockets if sitting pre-light at times. Overall I think they work well .

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I still have two pairs of Gates Goretex gloves from the 80's. They have 150gm Thinsulate insulation and are still waterproof. I've never had cold hands wearing those, even hunting sub-zero temps in the snow.

I bought a pair of kuiu yukon gloves this year, unfortunately, they arrived a day after I left for fourth season. The yukons seem to have a little more palm insulation than I was hoping for but not a deal breaker. Hopefully I'll get some use on ducks, geese, and coyotes this winter.

I wanted something more waterproof than my insulated deerskins. These might still be my preferred cold weather glove.

Last year, I tried the kryptek gyes. They were very warm and waterproof but the fit was odd.

ahlgringo

WKR
Been through about a dozen pairs of "cold weather" gloves, never that impressed and most of the time end up with cold hands from taking them off and actually using my hands. The problem I have had is then warming them back up- even with warmers in my pockets.

This year- tried something a little different. I usually have on a pair Hanz cold weather liners. These I have found I can do most anything in. Then this year I tried a sitka muff with a large hothands body warmer in it. Man- even on longer sits, any time hands got chilly would stuff em in there for a minute or so and toasty- its like a small furnace in there. Really like not managing a set of mits that I am constantly taking off either to do something that requires dexterity, or hiking in and hands getting too hot, then trying to stay warm when sitting.

I thought maybe having another thing to strap around my waist would be burdensome, but actually most of the time never noticed it was there and was able to put pack on and off without any troubles. Had a couple days around 0 during third season this year, and so far super happy with this system.

The givr’ gloves is a very good leather glove with insulation. The more you wear them, the better they are. Worth a look.

I heard a Truck Gloves recommendation but haven’t tried them yet personally. The price is right though

OP
SonnyDay

SonnyDay

WKR
Thanks all for the replies and ideas.

I do remember Gates from back in the day... and Hestra as well. Will explore those.

I used the KUIU Yukon Pro a few weeks back and my old pair of nondescript Cabela's insulated gloves (now my son's) beat the pants off them for warmth, weight, and dexterity.

Have to check out the Kincos as well.